At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
From shopping up a storm in the city’s largest souk to getting to know the locals at a jazz café, this is how to spend 24 hours in Khartoum
An amazingly diverse capital that combines both Arabic and African culture with a colonial past, Khartoum is a unique city with something to see or explore at every turn. In 24 hours, visitors can get a flavour of the city and experience some of its highlights, whether that’s breakfast next to the Nile, an ancient wrestling match or a modern art gallery that’s supporting local creatives. Here’s our guide to what to do in Khartoum in 24 hours.
Start the day with a hearty breakfast at the scenic Nile River Café. Serving a range of locally inspired dishes alongside international options, be sure to try a traditional Sudanese coffee, which is served from a jabana (a jug with a long spout) and made with coffee beans that are fried rather than roasted. The result is a brew that’s strong and thick and guaranteed to set you up for the day ahead. Follow the Sudanese practice of adding cinnamon or cardamom as well as plenty of sugar.
As the country that produced one of Africa’s foremost modern painters, Ibrahim El-Salahi, Sudan has a flourishing arts scene and Khartoum has several galleries that are worth visiting. Alongside with the National Museum, visitors should make their way to Dabanga Art Gallery and Mojo Gallery, which are both known for showcasing local Sudanese artists. Visit either gallery and you’ll soon discover that a prevalent theme seems to be exploration of identity—appropriate given Khartoum’s position as a meeting point of both Arabic and African cultures.
Experiencing the bustle and frenzy of the city’s souks is a must do in Khartoum and Souq Omdurman is one of the biggest. Set aside a few hours to really explore this warren of local crafts, gold and jewellery, leather goods and local delicacies and you’re bound to find some truly authentic and unusual souvenirs.
From the souk, it’s a short distance to the Khalifa House Museum. Built in 1887 in the Omdurman part of the city, it was the home of Imam Muhamed Ahmed Al-Mahdi’s successor, Abdu-Allah Al-Ta’eshy. The museum provides an interesting perspective on the Sudanese uprising against the British and Egyptians that occurred at the end of the 19th century and includes personal effects such as rifles, swords and photographs. Be sure to visit the courtyard where the first car in Sudan is exhibited.
Head back towards Corinthia to browse the interesting artefacts housed at the Ethnographic Museum. Sudan is a country that’s made up of hundreds of tribes and the museum offers an enlightening insight into the traditions and cultures of these different groups. If you’re visiting on a Wednesday, Friday, Saturday or Sunday, you can also check out the nearby Republican Palace Museum, which is housed, somewhat surprisingly, in an Anglican church. Take a look at the showcase of presidential cars, medals and gifts presented to respective heads of state.
If you’re lucky enough to be in Khartoum on a Friday afternoon, you’ll have an opportunity to witness the ancient art of Nubian wrestling. The sport, which takes place every week, is similar to a martial art and the men participating display a strange elegance and grace that has to be seen to be believed.
Evenings in Khartoum tend to be on the quiet side, but if you’re looking for something to do in Khartoum after dark, Jazz Café is a great choice. Sip on coffee or soft drinks as you mingle with the locals and listen to that night’s live music act.