At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
Here’s how to make the most of your visit to this historic, hectic and wonderfully friendly city
Sudan is a vast, historic and sometimes complicated country and its capital, Khartoum, is an intriguing destination to visit, offering a unique mix of influences and cultures but also an atmosphere that’s entirely its own. From what to pack to what not to miss, these Khartoum facts will help you make the most of your trip.
December–April is a popular time to visit Khartoum because the temperature hovers around 30 degrees, meaning it’s hot but not unbearably so. If you’re visiting during the summer months, be prepared for soaring, 40+ temperatures and pack plenty of cool, lightly coloured clothing and high protection SPF.
On the whole, credit cards are not accepted in Sudan and there are no ATMs in Khartoum, so planning ahead and bringing enough cash for the duration of your trip is vital. In terms of currency, US Dollars are preferable but Euros are sometimes also accepted.
Khartoum is a fairly relaxed and very friendly city but, as Sudan is a Muslim country, visitors will still need to dress respectfully. It’s advisable for women to bring a headscarf and for men to avoid wearing shorts where possible.
An important fact to remember about Khartoum is that it’s a relatively spread out city so exploring it on foot, particularly in the heat, is a challenging prospect. The best alternative is to either hire a driver or take taxis, but be sure to negotiate your price before you set off to your destination.
Not only an intriguing city in its own right, Khartoum is a gateway to the rest of Sudan and there are plenty of places worth visiting beyond the capital. Experience world-class diving in the crystal clear waters of the Red Sea at Port Sudan, explore the ancient Nubian pyramids in the Sudanese desert, or witness the majesty of Jebel Barkal, the mountain once considered holy ground by the pharaohs.
The Sudanese are regarded by many to be among the friendliest people on the planet, and for good reason. Expect a warm welcome from locals when you visit Khartoum; they are generally delighted to see tourists and keen for them to see the best their city has to offer. If you strike up conversation, be prepared to receive invitations to join locals for dinner in their own homes.
Khartoum is home to several fascinating museums. Alongside the National Museum of Sudan, the Presidential Palace museums and Ethnographical Museum provide a glimpse into the fascinating history of the nation, its rulers and its culture. For a more contemporary perspective, explore the Khartoum’s burgeoning art scene via its collection of galleries.
Spending a morning or an afternoon inside the city’s souks is a must for any visitors to Khartoum, but whether you’re shopping for golden jewellery, a speciality of Souk Arabi or leather goods or textiles, driving a hard bargain is a fact of life in Khartoum. Locally crafted items such as carved wooden statues, amber jewellery and woven straw and grass items are worth looking out for.