At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
Delve into Malta’s eclectic food scene and discover the personalities leading the way with this guide to the best Maltese chefs
Malta has an illustrious and eclectic food scene. After being invaded many times throughout history, the archipelago has developed a wonderfully multicultural mix of Greek, French, Italian, Arabic and British influences, which comes out best in the kitchen. As such, the island is becoming an internationally renowned foodie haven, thanks to a handful of incredible Maltese chefs. Join us as we discover the people pioneering the food movement, and explore why chefs such as George Borg, Sean Gravina and Mario Schembri are so highly revered.
As Executive Chef of Corinthia Palace Hotel & Spa, Stefan Hogan has taken his passion for local produce and unusual ingredients into the kitchens of our hotel’s restaurants. He has created menus bursting with flavour for the sophisticated Villa Corinthia, Far Eastern eatery Ricksaw, brasserie Orange Grove and seasonal venture, The Summer Kitchen. Mediterranean is Hogan’s speciality and if it’s fresh innovative cuisine you’re after, his renowned restaurants are among the best on the archipelago.
High up on the list of Malta’s top chefs is Sean Gravina. The young chef began his career on the island, where his got his first big break running local restaurant Chez Philippe. He went on to study at the world’s number one cookery school at Cordon Bleu in Paris, before joining Gordon Ramsay’s prestigious Michelin star restaurant Maze. Gravina has since returned to Malta where he hosts TV cooking shows on Gourmet Today TV and caters events and private dinners on request. He became a celebrity in his own right after appearing on MasterChef: The Professionals in 2014, where he left as a respectable quarter finalist.
Gozo-born George Borg inherited his passion for cooking from his father, a professional chef. After working in restaurants on the Maltese islands and building relationships with local farmers, cheese producers and artisans, Borg became a local celebrity and a respected chef renowned for his use of Maltese produce. Nowadays he wears many hats: guest chef, TV host, cookbook author and Head of Food & Beverage at catering company Catermax.
Executive Chef Mario Schembri is among the most highly respected Maltese chefs. A fundamental part of Gozo’s culinary scene, he’s been preparing award-winning food at T’ Frenc Restaurant for more than 30 years. Schembri takes pride in creating discerning dishes – of which rabbit ravioli is one of his most famous – using local produce and Maltese culinary traditions. The fine dining restaurant is a must-visit and, with much of the original team still present, it’s not unusual to be greeted at the door by a member of the founding Attard family, or have your meal cooked by Schembri himself.
One of the hottest culinary spots in Malta is The Medina Restaurant. At the helm is Executive Chef James Attard, who has devised a menu where produce is fresh, seasonal and local, presentation is sublime, and attention to details is king. The chef’s work has won the restaurant a number of awards, such as the prestigious Best Overall Restaurant in Malta and Gozo at The Definitive(ly) Good Guide to Restaurants Awards 2015.