At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
Faya Nilsson of Fitness on Toast experiences the Brain Power package at Corinthia Hotel London
Launched in November 2016, Corinthia London’s Neuroscientist in Residence programme is designed to boost brain health in the heart of the city. In partnership with Dr Tara Swart, the hotel designed a collection of menus, treatments and stays-with-a-difference, all with neuro-boosting activity at the forefront. Faya Nilsson of Fitness on Toast is the latest guest to try a Brain Power stay, complete with a morning workout, bedtime routine and Yoga Nidra session in Espa Life at Corinthia. Here’s a run-down of her experience…
What was your favourite part of your Brain Power stay?
Without a doubt the treatments at Espa Life with Angel, the spa treatment manager. The Yoga Nidra experience was something I just wasn’t prepared for. As someone who prefers an empirical approach to the body, I was astounded by the sensations my body underwent during this session of mindfulness. The after-effects of this were equally remarkable, as the sensation of floating stays with you through the following day! I would recommend it wholeheartedly. Further, I enjoyed the single best sports massage I’ve ever experienced.
How are you feeling after a stay dedicated to neuro-health?
Revitalised and recharged. That’s an end-point which is extremely satisfying for me as a user of the programme, and it’s what you hope for when you sign up. The way that they’ve approached it, from a neuroscientific perspective, rather than a holistic perspective, is refreshing and innovative.
Will you be working any of the principles into your routine at home?
The ethos is very much complementary to the principles by which I try to live my life, so yes, and it’s always helpful to get a distraction-free chance to practise these.
Top tip for staying fit on a city break?
Make time for your fitness early in the day. Get up a little earlier than you might otherwise, hydrate, dispatch your 30 minutes of HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training), freshen up in the spa, and then head out to enjoy the city, energised and fired up! Also, optimal hydration is the single most underappreciated wellbeing tip I offer to personal training clients, and is something I’ve written about on my blog time and again. Water is the one and only liquid that fills you up, beautifies, can prove unexpectedly satisfying, and boasts a guilt-free 0 calories. Beyond the skin-deep though, it delivers oxygen to the muscles so they can perform when you’re training, keeps the joints supple, restores energy levels, quashes hunger pangs, purifies the blood, helps the kidneys do their filtration job, and even takes the nutrients in your food on a journey through your digestive system! It is the very eau de vie, or aquavit (our Swedish equivalent). I aim for 2 litres of bottled water a day, sipped at regular intervals, to stay topped up throughout.
How do you usually fit exercise in while travelling?
With difficulty! It’s one of the most testing experiences, as travel often means a busy schedule and ‘holiday-mode (a.k.a. enjoyment of delicious out-of-the-ordinary treats) or work-mode (a.k.a. justify anything to keep you focused on the objective). Most often, hotel gym facilities are extremely sub-standard which dissuades you from working out – unlike in Espa Life at Corinthia which is more sizeable and better equipped than many commercial gyms in London! It’s also excellent to hear that there will be a full refurb with Technogym equipment – I recently travelled to their factory in Italy to see firsthand the artistry that goes into their products, which you can see here.
Also, I wrote a blog post about how to stay fit whilst travelling recently, which you can find here.
What’s your holiday food philosophy – indulge or detox?
There’s a time and place for both, depending on the purpose of the trip. If you’re on a detox spa retreat, then monstrous indulgence wouldn’t make sense, and vice versa. However, I tend to let myself be guided by the destination and occasion; if there’s something which is a local delicacy or a speciality, I try to sample it locally to enjoy it for what it was supposed to be. No simulation of that authentic article could ever do it justice! That can sometimes necessitate a little indulgence, but that’s what life is about… balance!
First time in London or seasoned visitor?
I live here and am half British, but it’s my first time staycationing in London!
First impressions vs. current impressions?
First impressions: when you live and work somewhere, you can easily lose touch with what makes it special, and instead take it for granted. Being here on the Embankment is remarkable for two oxymoronic reasons; you’re both in the very centre of bustling London and yet you’re quietly sheltered from the intense activity outside. Being here now in the Crystal Moon Lounge, I feel a remarkable sense of tranquillity and serenity. The amount of space and the volume of those spaces is so indulgent, it’s hard to feel on edge!
Favourite cultural quirk?
The national staple is ‘XYZ on toast’ – beans, eggs, cheese etc. I love that dietary quirk so much that I named my entire blog after it 😀
The pristine Nash terraces of Regent’s Park, the inimitable breadth and theatre of The Mall, the unique skyline vistas from Jubilee Bridge, the historic importance of 10 Downing Street…
Gail’s Coffee by a long way, but anything fresh fish related, and involving plant protein is generally a winner for me.
Best photo opportunity:
High atop Parliament Hill on Hampstead Heath, gazing back down over the city below!
What would you try next time, that you didn’t get to do this time?
Making it over to the South Bank of the Thames. This trip was only long enough to explore the sights on the north side, but there’s so much to experience just over the bridge…
It’s all about optimising energy! Start the day with an early morning workout at the Corinthia’s huge gym facility, sweat it out in the glass sauna thereafter, and shower using their indulgent Espa Life facilities, all pre 9am. Then, reward yourself with a Brain Power breakfast before heading out to make the most of this magical city, all before others are even getting out of bed!
How do you beat the post-holiday blues?
Booking the next escape! A diary with an exciting date on the tangible horizon is my kind of diary!