At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
London may be ground zero for literary lovers, but it’s also a scrumdiddlyumptious setting for some classic children’s books
From boy wizards and Peruvian bears to magical nannies and big friendly giants, London is a veritable playground of book-bound heroes. So why not open your umbrella and fly off around town on your own London literary tour. Kids can re-enact popular scenes, pick out a new stack of books at one of London’s many independent bookstores, and feed their imagination as they visit some of the city’s classic literary locations.
World famous wizarding prodigy, Harry Potter started his journey to Hogwarts from London’s Kings Cross station. At Platform 9 ¾, young wizards run headfirst into a wall in order to access the Hogwarts Express. Muggles, however, should leave the stunts to those more magically inclined – no one wants a trip back to the hotel in an ambulance. If half a trolley embedded into a station wall doesn’t quite hit the spot, then there is the full Harry Potter experience at the Warner Brothers Studios – grown-ups might well need a strong “butterbeer” to get them through…
It’s a rare child who would pass up the opportunity to fly with the Lost Boys. For fans of “The Boy Who Wouldn’t Grow Up”, there is a less than inspiring statue to visit in Kensington Gardens (where JM Barrie set the sequel “Peter Pan in Kensington Gardens”), but wander just through the park and you’ll find the Peter Pan Playground, complete with a Jolly Roger boat for young pirate bashers to clamber over and live out their Neverland fantasies. Unfortunately, not all the landmarks on your London literary tour will be quite so interactive.
Roald Dahl’s The BFG sees the so-called giant meet with the Queen to ask for help capturing all the cannibully giants that eat people instead of snozzcumbers and frobscottle. And, just a hop, skip and a jump away from Corinthia Hotel London, a trip to Buckingham Palace is certainly in order – though we can’t promise any teatime receptions with Her Majesty.
Across London at Paddington Station a certain disaster-prone bear turned up looking lost with a suitcase full of marmalade sandwiches. Paddington Bear goes on to live just down the road from Portobello market at 32 Windsor Gardens, and while we wouldn’t recommend visiting this address (it’s entirely fictional), we would advocate a trip to Portobello Market. Selling all manner of curiosities and antiques, this is a great place to pick up gifts and mementos to take home.
Meanwhile, London’s favourite nanny, Miss Mary Poppins, looked after the Banks family in Bloomsbury, chim chim cheree-ing her way across London flirting with cheeky chimney sweeps, while whip-smart detective Sherlock Holmes stalked around central London solving crimes. Visit his fictional home at 221b Baker Street, which has become a museum, for a taste of 19th century London.
Finally, for those looking to add some new stories to their collections, several bookstores – including Pickled Pepper Books and Tales on Moon Lane – all cater specifically to young readers. Just be careful: all those hardcovers can add up to one overweight suitcase at the end of your trip!