At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
London is well known for its high-profile summer events, but don’t miss these more unusual attractions
When it comes to internationally-renowned sporting events, historic society occasions and outdoor concerts, London is well known for its packed summer programme. This year, try something different and explore the British capital’s more unusual, alternative seasonal offerings. From a pop-up croquet bar to a meat themed celebration and an alfresco rooftop cinema, discover London’s best alternative summer events.
Arguably the most elegant summer music festival in London, Hampton Court Palace Festival takes place amid the rarefied surroundings of a royal palace. With a wide range of musical acts performing over the course of several weeks, guests are invited to enjoy drinks and a picnic in the palace grounds before the concerts begin. For an extra treat, reserve a waterside gazebo, positioned in the East Front Gardens, for a luxurious take on a traditional picnic.
5th June-23rd June 2018, Hampton Court Palace
Summer is undoubtedly festival season, and there are plenty of lesser-known events scheduled for those who fancy trying something a bit different. The two-week Greenwich + Docklands International Festival is an intriguing and dynamic performing arts and theatre event. The majority of the programme takes place in Royal Greenwich and covers a wide range of themes and mediums; last year’s festival featured over 300 performances and was watched by over 100,000 attendees. In 2018, expect an outdoor art installation featuring specially trained pigeons, puppet street theatre, interactive games, acrobatic shows and dance performances.
21st June–7th July 2018, various locations
Making its debut as part of the London summer calendar this year, London National Park City Week is a celebration and showcase of the British capital’s green spaces and natural environments. Held over the course of a week, the event includes talks on subjects such as wildlife conservation and growing your own food alongside guided walks, family friendly events and outdoor activities such as street jazz, kayaking, bike rides and boat trips.
21st–29th July 2018, various locations
An opportunity to dip your toe into the lesser-known word of alcohol free drinks, the Mindful Drinking Festival celebrates the most flavourful and inventive concoctions and also includes live music, talks and workshops. Taking place in the lively surroundings of Spitalfields Market, expect plenty of tastings and samples of mulled drinks and aromatic kombuchas from over 25 stalls.
28th July 2018, Spitalfields Market
Describing itself as London’s first croquet bar, this summertime pop-up offers a light-hearted introduction to a quintessentially British sport. Located at the OXO Tower’s Bargehouse, the venue offers visitors the chance to play a game of what it calls social croquet, on one of its eight indoor pitches. Groups of between four and six people can compete in a 45-minute session, or you can simply enjoy hitting a few balls, appreciating the live music and working your way through the bar menu as you go.
9th–12th August 2018, OXO Tower Bargehouse
This quirky, end-of-summer festival is a delicious celebration of all things meaty. The event is committed to showcasing only the finest, ethically sourced meat and making sure that every part of the animal is used to ensure minimum waste. Enjoy live cooking demos from critically acclaimed chefs who will put their skills to the test while cooking their choice of cuts over traditional fires of wood and charcoal.
31st August–2nd September 2018, Tobacco Dock
Experience fantastic city views and great cinema simultaneously at Rooftop Film Club. Taking place throughout the summer in three venues across London, the programme includes both new releases and old favourites. Visitors will get to recline in comfortable deckchairs equipped with soft blankets, with wireless headphones provided to guarantee optimum sound quality.
Throughout the summer: Bussey Building, Peckham; Queen of Hoxton, Shoreditch; Roof East, Stratford