At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
Sharpen your elbows for the finest January sales in London
Forget retail therapy – when the (in)famous January sales in London roll around, a relaxing shopping experience is the last thing on anyone’s mind. Instead, the allure is supplied by heavily, heavily discounted designer goodies (who wouldn’t want to score a Burberry trench for 70% off?). Whether you’re after clothes or homeware, accessories or a hot pair of heels, it’s time to sharpen those elbows and get stuck in. Whether it’s the glamour of the Harrods Sale, the stylish Lambs Conduit Street menswear or the elegant sophistication of Mount Street, Mayfair, these are the most sought-after sales in London.
As London buses and TV adverts start telling us in November, there is only one sale – the Harrods Sale. It’s hardly an exaggeration to say that the grande dame of London retail, spangled at this time of year with brilliant fairy lights, is synonymous with January sales in London. Last year, guests who arrived bright and early on Boxing Day were entertained by jugglers and offered canapés, hot chocolate, and more – we can’t be certain how Harrods will top that performance this year, only that they certainly will.
This year’s pressie pile not quite as statuesque as you’d hoped? Follow the trail of yellow bags to Selfridges, which will be holding its famous sale across all six of its floors. While discounts soar up to 75%, those kinds of reductions might mean a few yellow swag bags of your own.
Within its famous Grade II-listed, Tudor Revival building, luxurious Liberty is a favourite of the fashion set. Browse (or perhaps, hurriedly pillage) the womenswear section on the first and second floors and menswear on the lower ground, before exploring the famous houseware collections on the fourth floor. With discounts up to 60%, there’s good reason to get frantic – just mind the breakables.
After nibbling the stilton, popping the bubbly, and devouring the truffles from one of Fortnum & Mason’s famous Christmas hampers, plan a post-Christmas return visit to take advantage of the department store’s generous discounts (which typically cap at 50% off). Fortnum & Mason may be one of the Queen’s preferred retailers, but even Her Maj will find bare shelves if she arrives more than a few days after the sale starts.
50% off designer pieces including Alexander McQueen, Isabel Marant, Givenchy and Manolo Blahnik? Prepare for the stampede. The Knightsbridge-based Harvey Nichols historically draws eager crowds post-Christmas. If your stockings looked a little empty this year, a few designer steals are sure to drive away the post-holiday malaise.
Comme des Garçons designer Rei Kawakubo’s Dover Street Market is unlike any other shopping outlet in London. Six floors display fashion in an experimental, concept-store setting, with art installations and eye-catching design touches. But Dover Street Market isn’t too exclusive to have its own January sales – discounts, hovering around 30%, aren’t quite as steep as other shops, but they’ll still make bargains out of rare treasures.
The ever-evolving Mount Street, Mayfair is possibly London’s most elegant shopping stretch, lined with dozens of designer outlets. From Pringles of Scotland to Lanvin, Marc Jacobs to Céline, it offers a glittering red carpet of exclusive shopping possibilities – especially come sale time.
And what about the men? From the hallmark fashions of Folk to the effortless style of Oliver Spencer, Lambs Conduit Street menswear is both on-trend and wonderfully laid-back. While you’re there, make sure to check out the chic home accessories at Darkroom and the colourful furnishings on offer at Pentreath & Hall, before popping into Maggie Owen for some truly unique jewellery.
Curated designer fashion. 60% off. Browns, a London favourite since 1970, clearly knows how to throw one of the very best January sales in London. Get there early enough and you’re bound to score a 3.1 Phillip Lim piece or Simone Rocha statement dress that’ll be best accessorised by free-flowing Champagne on New Year’s Eve.
Much as coveted designer dresses capture the attention, January sales aren’t only the province of fashion designers. Heal’s brings the same editorial eye to your humble abode, with pieces from Ligne Roset, Tom Dixon and Philippe Starck. Ikea this isn’t – even with January sales prices – but discounts up to 50% make a home makeover as accessible as a personal one.