At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
If you’re looking to charm a loved one, there’s nowhere better to ignite passion than romantic Lisbon
With undulating hills covered in colourful houses and fairy tale castles, narrow streets filled with cosy wine bars, and incredible ocean views, Lisbon is the perfect place for a romantic getaway. After spending a few hours in this picturesque city, it’s impossible not to get swept up in its whimsical charm. From live Portuguese Fado music to Lisbon river cruises and tours of palaces in Sintra, here’s how to get the most out of romantic Lisbon during a lovers’ weekend away.
With its medieval alleys, striking architecture and scenic ocean views, it’s no surprise that Alfama continues to capture the imagination of poets, novelists and musicians alike. Explore its narrow streets to discover tiny squares, quaint houses covered in blue and white Portuguese azulejos, and lively restaurants and bars. Overlooking this romantic Lisbon district is the hilltop São Jorge Castle, or Saint George’s Castle. Take a tour of the fortified castle complex, parts of which date back to the 6th century, relax alongside the resident peacocks in the landscaped garden, or climb the tower turrets for views of Lisbon that will take your breath away.
The National Palace of Queluz is one of the easiest palaces to reach from Lisbon, and also one of the most romantic. Built as the summer home of King Pedro III of Portugal and Queen Maria, the 18th century palace features opulent architecture and landscaped gardens where visitors can take romantic walks. If you have the time, it’s also worth visiting Sintra. A hilltop town just outside of Lisbon, there are many grandiose palaces in Sintra, such as the National Palace of Pena and the National Palace of Sintra, which look like they’ve been lifted out of the pages of a fairy tale.
Head out on the water for an alternative view of Lisbon and enjoy a romantic, peaceful cruise on the Tagus River. Many local companies offer cruises that pass close to famous Lisbon sites such as the Ponte 25 de Abril Bridge, The Monument to the Discoveries, and Belém Tower. Lisbon river cruises are particularly special at sunset, when the fading light creates a striking silhouette of the towering city against a colourful sky.
As the city begins to get dark, the beautiful sound of Fado music starts to drift from the doors of many Lisbon bars and restaurants. The Portuguese folk music is the soul of the city and beautiful melodic songs spinning stories of love and heartbreak can be heard across Barrio Alto and Alfama. To catch a performance by big-name Fado performers visit Casa De Linhares or Parreirinha de Alfama, for a more intimate setting get a table for two at Senhor Vinho, or for a full evening of entertainment secure a space at Páteo de Alfama.
Bring a day in romantic Lisbon to a close with an indulgent nightcap. From rooftop bars like Silk Club, overlooking the river, to Chafariz do Vinho, a wine bar located on an eye-catching 18th century aqueduct, there are myriad venues to choose from. To get a real taste of Portugal, why not sample a glass of Portuguese port? As you sit back and take in the scenic vistas, local port in hand, you’ll quickly discover why Lisbon is a city for lovers.