At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
From carolling to ice skating, ballerinas to Father Christmas, spend a ‘Nutcracking’ Christmas in London this year
Snowy it usually isn’t – and it can’t exactly claim many wild elf sightings – but while London bears little resemblance to the North Pole, Christmas in London is still a magical time to visit with the family.
What the city lacks in scenic blizzards and beautiful carpets of snow, it makes up for with culture: nowhere else can visitors warble Christmas carols in an ancient cathedral, see the world’s best ballerinas perform in the Nutcracker, yell along to rowdy pantomimes, and break with a high-end shopping spree where you can meet Father Christmas or even spend an afternoon ice skating at Somerset House. Christmas in London, with its mingling of festive traditions and modern events, is perfect for kids and grownups – even without the “White Christmas” part.
First, the facts: it simply isn’t Christmastime without a trip to the ballet to see the Nutcracker. Luckily, Tchaikovsky’s melodies never lose their appeal (even after a dozen-odd years in a row), and when international ballet stars take to the stage, it’s sure to be special. The English National Ballet will host their acclaimed version at the London Coliseum, with star principles Alina Cojocaru and Tamara Rojo taking turns to play Clara as she journeys through enchanted kingdoms with her Nutcracker.
If the Dance of the Sugarplum Fairy fails to inspire, perhaps a more energetic performance is in order. There’s nothing like a pantomime to get the kids fully involved, and the Garrick Theatre’s Horrible Histories is sure to up the energy levels. The show mingles characters from British history with a generous helping of yuletide cheer, plus gags that a six year-old can well appreciate – given that the show promises English history with “the nasty bits left in,” come prepared for bawdy jokes (and plenty of toilet humour). Alternatively, children can bellow “It’s behind you!” to their hearts’ content at one of London’s many pantomimes. The New Wimbledon Theatre’s performance of Cinderella is set to be a quirky seasonal highlight – alongside the ugly stepsisters and a handsome price, real Shetland ponies will also have their time in the spotlight.
Presents? Say the magic word and wait for the Pavlovian response. Children who’ve spent the past month camped out in front of the Christmas tree will find much to love in Hamleys, where they can pick out a teddy bear (or, for the technologically precocious, one of the season’s hot computer-linked toys). Afterwards, they can meet Father Christmas for high tea, while cheeky elves will be on-hand to assist with present planning.
Beyond the pomp and presents, Christmas in London is also beautifully traditional. While Frost Fairs on the frozen-over Thames may be out of the question (the river hasn’t frozen solid since 1814), those who fancy their chances as skating champions can take a turn around the ice at Hyde Park Winter Wonderland, which hosts the biggest open-air ice rink in the whole of the UK. For something a little more low key, go ice skating at Somerset House on the Strand, which hosts its own, pop-up rink each year. And while door-to-door carolling would be an ambitious project in a city as large as London, the setting of St. Paul’s Cathedral provides a welcome alternative. Every year, the landmark hosts a special Family Carols evening that provides a musical celebration of the advent – without having to wander the cold singing for figgy pudding.