At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
If you love sunshine, cool waters and festival-fun you shouldn’t be straying very far from Budapest this summer. Here’s why
Few cities are more appealing than Budapest during the summer months. Split in two by the cool waters of the Danube, Hungary’s capital is perfect for leisurely riverside strolls, picnics in the shaded parks and active days out at some of the many festivals and events that crop up across the capital. From outdoor swimming pools and baths to beaches and gardens, here’s how to make the most of summer in Budapest.
A landlocked country, Hungary possesses no coastline and, therefore, nowhere most would consider a beach. However, it does lay claim to Europe’s second largest river: The Danube. Down by its waters, locals can be found boating, fishing, sunbathing or water-skiing. Especially popular is the shoreline around Margaret Island, which hosts sports facilities, parks and water features.
Take the family through City Park to its amusement area and zoo, or stroll in the Philosopher’s Garden if you’re looking for inspiration. Alternatively, hit Füvészkert, the oldest botanical garden in Hungary. There are plenty of green spaces in Budapest, many of which can be explored by hopping on a bike. They can be hired from several places (Yellow Zebra, BudaBike etc.), and customised at the bike market of Budapest’s most famous ruin bar, Szimpla Kert.
Banana, rhubarb, beetroot or cinnamon? These are just some of the unusual flavours on offer at some of Budapest’s gourmet ice-cream vendors. Wash your ice-cream down with a cooling fröcc – made from soda and wine in arbitrary proportions, the drink’s name often depends on the wine that’s used.
During the summer months, Budapest welcomes an array of pop-up bars and pubs with outdoor spaces, so look for signs that include “udvar” (patio) or “kert” (garden) around town. However, some of the best nightlife can be found on the water. From locals with their own boats to larger, more organised affairs for visitors, everybody loves the cool airs of the Danube on a hot summer night.
From traditional events like St Stephen’s (which includes a giant procession and fireworks display), to the upbeat Sziget, a music festival hosting the likes of Flume and Major Lazer this year, Budapest has an undeniable and infectious energy in the summertime. Recurring highlights include the Danube Carnival, the Festival of Folk Arts, and the Budapest Summer Festival, which offers a three-month line-up of concerts, musicals and theatre.
Known more for the thermal springs that feed its famous baths, Budapest nevertheless has plenty of outdoor pools, too. Some, like Szechenyi, have chessboards, saunas and massage rooms; others, like Rudas, have retained their Turkish bath aesthetic. If you’d rather swim than relax, sink into the waters of Dagaly. Possessing a 50-metre pool, it’s where more serious swimmers go.