At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
From flying a plane to parasailing over the ocean, follow our guide to seeing Malta from above
Malta may look beautiful from the ground but nothing quite competes with a bird’s-eye view. Take an alternative sightseeing tour from the sky, the sea or a historic high-rise and soak up some incredible views of the archipelago. From flying tours with Malta Wings and Sky People to parasailing over St George’s Bay, here’s how to see Malta from above.
The best way to get a bird’s eye view of Malta from above is by doing what birds do best – take flight. An exhilarating experience for visitors of all ages, flying tours are the ultimate way to appreciate the island in all its beauty. Malta Wings offers sightseeing flights over the island, where guests can select from a number of routes ranging from short 20-minute tours of key sights to 60-minute flights around the entire archipelago, including Malta’s neighbouring islands Gozo and Comino. Each plane is captained by an experienced pilot who doubles as a guide pointing out must-see attractions, from the capital of Valletta with its historic forts, to the island’s UNESCO World Heritage Sites, and much more.
While a guided sightseeing flight is certainly exciting, why not go one step further and take control of the plane? Sky People offers trial flights where visitors can learn to fly a light aircraft. After a briefing from an experienced instructor, aspiring pilots will be taken into the air and guided through a series of manoeuvres. During the flight, the instructor will hand over control to give guests a true taste of flying. If you’re interested in aviation, a trial flight is an unforgettable experience that’s guaranteed to get the adrenaline pumping. What’s more, students can select from a variety of flight routes and tiers – the ‘premium’ experience takes a 90-minute passage over all three Maltese islands, during which the plane will climb up to a staggering 4,000 feet.
Enjoy beautiful views of Malta from above while feeling the wind in your hair on a parasailing trip. Sun & Fun Water Sports and Yacht Charter at Corinthia Hotel St George’s Bay offer parasailing experiences for pairs or trios of riders. An exhilarating experience, that is far easier than it looks, guests are safely fastened into an open parachute which is towed by a motorboat. The speed makes the parachute rise into the air, where guests glide for several minutes as they take in panoramic views of the bay and the island, before slowly dropping back down to the boat. Don’t forget your waterproof camera.
If you’d rather keep your feet firmly on solid ground, enjoy incredible vistas over the coastline and the capital from the top of the city’s highest forts. Offering more than a history lesson, fortification towers also make excellent viewing platforms. Climb up to Fort St Angelo for views over Valletta and Grand Harbour, or venture to the top of Fort St Elmo on the head of the peninsula for stunning views of the ocean. Visitors can also take a walking circuit of Valletta’s fortifications, starting at City Gate and passing around the edge of the city on top of the walls.