At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
From early morning strolls through Valetta to her pastizzi addiction, actress Marama Corlett shares her guide to Malta
Born in Malta, actress Marama Corlett trained as a professional ballet dancer before finding success as an actress on stage, film and television. Now based in London, Marama has appeared in films including Maleficent and Guardians of the Galaxy, as well as playing the part of Rina in Sky Atlantic series, Sinbad. Despite her significant success overseas, Marama remains connected to her Maltese roots and makes the most of every trip home. Here, she shares her childhood memories of Malta and local recommendations for those visiting the island.
What are your first memories of Malta?
My first memories are of the many hours spent playing with my sisters and friends at the Upper Barrakka Gardens; of jumping in the papers thrown from the neighbours’ balconies at the St Paul’s Feast celebrations in Valletta; and of my dad driving us home exhausted from a whole day spent swimming in the sun, sand all over the car, falling asleep with an ice cream in my hand.
Whenever you return to Malta, what are the first things you do?
I’m usually on the last flight in, but – as if by magic – my mum has a meal prepared at any hour of the day for anyone visiting. It’s wonderful and it gets us all around the kitchen table together again, catching up. A walk through Valletta in the early morning is something I love and look forward to as soon as I’m back and settled.
Describe your perfect day in Malta?
I have been living away from Malta for quite a while now and when I visit time seems to stand still. Days seem to last forever and the simplest things like driving around the island soaking in the sea air, watching the sun set and drinking a cup of tea in a glass at some old Maltese cafe means more than it ever did before, the memories of growing up in Malta come flooding back.
What do you miss the most about Malta when you’re in London?
I miss swimming, the church bells ringing, the old folks sitting outside their front doors in the evening chatting. But most of all, I miss the friendliness of the Maltese people and the ability to start up conversations with people you’ve never met before, without any hesitation.
Valletta is the European Capital of Culture in 2018. What are your favourite cultural hotspots in Malta?
If you ever happen to be visiting during the spring and summer, then I highly recommend the Valletta Film Festival, the Kinemastik Film Festival and the Solar Cinema, which offers unique open-air screenings in beautiful and prestigious locations around the island. I also recommend a visit to St. John’s Cathedral in Valletta – don’t be fooled by its exterior, inside every inch is draped in paintings and gold. It’s also home to my favourite painting, Caravaggio’s The Beheading of St. John the Baptist. It’s breathtaking!
Where do you like to take out of town friends who are visiting Malta?
I like to take friends to visit our oldest sites, the Mnajdra and Ħaġar Qim Megalithic temples. A boat trip around the island, visiting the Blue Grotto is always lovely. As is a swim at Xlendi Bay in Gozo and a walk down by the boat houses inside the Valletta grand harbour.
Can you share a local secret with us?
Beware of Pastizzi, Twistees, Cisk, Kinnie and Maltese bread – they are all extremely Maltese and extremely addictive! You’ll leave the island a changed person.