At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
Adam Lajca, Corinthia Hotel London's head cigar sommelier speaks to us exclusively about what his job is really like
Adam Lajca is Corinthia Hotel London’s head cigar sommelier. From looking after the million pounds’ worth of stock to finding the perfect cigar pairings for guests, Adam lives and breathes the world of luxury cigars. We found out more about his fascinating role when we met him for an interview in the hotel’s stunning Garden Lounge.
So, first things first. What actually is a cigar sommelier?
Well, like a wine sommelier recommends wine with different types of food, a cigar sommelier does a similar thing – we match cigars with food or drinks. It can be something as simple as a cup of tea, right through to a cocktail. Lots of people think cigars can only go with spirits like whiskey or cognac, but even something like a delicate Champagne can go with a cigar, it’s just about choosing the right pairing.
How did you become one?
I gained an interest in cigars when I visited Cuba in 2006, and then three years later I wanted to do something more, so I started studying about cigars, travelling and meeting people from all over the world with the same interests. I also grew my personal collection at home during this time. Then the opportunity struck with Corinthia Hotels to look after their collection and I’ve been here two and a half years already. I think more and more people are needed in London in this kind of role because the interest in premium cigars is growing.
What’s the best part of your job?
It’s always so much fun. The most exciting bit is meeting people. That’s what cigars are all about – meeting people and socialising. It’s great to see people getting together in our Garden Lounge.
What does a day in the life of a cigar sommelier look like?
The main part of my role is making our guests happy and comfortable, and I do this by listening to the guests needs and helping them select a suitable cigar from the menu. I also have to look after the condition of the cigars – they don’t need much, but I have to keep an eye on the temperature and humidity. They need to be kept at around 65-70% humidity and 18-20°C.
What’s the most expensive cigar in the humidor?
The most expensive one at the moment is the Davidoff Dom Perignon from the 1980s and it costs £900. We have 170 Cuban cigars in the humidor as we try to keep the collection interesting for our guests and the total cost probably comes to over a million pounds. We also sell limited edition lighters that are Corinthia branded.
What’s special about Corinthia Hotel London?
Many guests have said to me that the Garden Lounge feels like their own personal area, it’s a lovely open-air space, but there’s no wind thanks to the high buildings. All of our Penthouses also have their own antique wood humidors, that were each made in Havana, so these guests don’t have to come downstairs to enjoy their cigars, they can smoke them at leisure on their terrace.