At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
She's a traveller, she's all about digital and she's in Lisbon - It's The One and Only Mitra
As a 21st century traveller, The One and Only Mitra is no stranger to a whislte-stop city break. So how did she make the most of her time in the Portuguese capital? Find out her best things to do in Lisbon here, from night-time spots to shopping till you drop.
Was this your first time in Lisbon?
Yes and not my last. I heard so many incredible things about the city and decided I had to visit.
What surprised you most about the city?
Two main things, the people and the beauty of the city. Portuguese people are the kindest, most welcoming people I’ve ever met and really made visiting Lisbon one of the most amazing experiences ever. To me, Lisbon is definitely Europe’s hidden gem – I’ve never seen such beauty in one city.
How many things did you tick off your ‘must-do’ wish list while you were there?
A lot. The staff at Corinthia hotel were so helpful and advised us on what to see during our time.
Favourite restaurant you visited?
I loved the little restaurants in Belém overlooking the sea, it was so breathtaking to absorb the beautiful scenery and enjoy the local food.
Most instagrammable spot?
All of the stunning pastel coloured buildings but in particular the pink buildings in Belém – especially the pink McDonalds.
Best daytime activity?
Spend as much time as you can in Belém. A walk along the sea front is a must. The contemporary art museum was one of the best museums I’ve ever seen. Mosteiro dos Jerónimos was an experience I’ll beer forget, I felt like I was going back in time.
Favourite evening spot?
Sky Bar Lisboa.
Did you do any shopping, if so what did you find?
The little markets were marvelous. There were so many authentic handcrafted goodies for my house that I loved finding. Then you had the amazing street full of luxury shops like Louis Vuitton and Prada which was so nice to visit, again the staff in the stores were so hospitable and informative. The Fashion Clinic was also a really cool find.
Describe your impressions of the city in 3 words:
Welcoming, romantic and memorable.
What was your favourite thing about Corinthia Lisbon?
The staff. Everyone was so friendly and so kind to us during our stay. The executive lounge at the hotel was so useful, not only were the views spectacular but the lounge was also so convenient for a quick bite, a pre-drink or simply checking my emails.
Is there anything you didn’t get to do this time, that you would do again?
A visit to Sintra to go and see the castles, I’m so excited to come back and visit them as I hear wonderful things.
Top tip for someone who only has a few days in Lisbon:
Eat all the custard tarts you can from Pasteis de Belém.