At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
From wine tastings to olive farm tours, discover a new side to the islands with this guide to agritourism in Malta
With the increasing popularity of experiential travel, people are looking for more creative ways to get involved with the local culture and heritage of the places they visit. Offering the opportunity to get a hand’s on experience of a destination and a working understanding of local markets and produce, agritourism is the next step for many active travellers looking for something new from their holiday. There are plenty of opportunities discover agritourism in Malta, from interactive experiences at picturesque farms and shopping at Ta’ Qali Farmers Market to wine tasting at Ta’ Mena Estate and olive oil sampling at Wardija Olive Estate. Jump on board this growing trend on your next visit to Malta and you’ll never travel in the same way again.
Ta’ Mena Estate is a family-run vineyard and farm in Gozo, named after the late Carmela Spiteri, the mother of the family lovingly known as ‘Mena’. Opened with the intention of combining tourism with agriculture, the estate was one of the pioneers of agritourism in Malta and today invites visitors to explore the land and discover how local produce is made. Ta’ Mena specialises in wine and produces 12 red and white varieties. It also owns a fruit and vegetable farm that grows ingredients used in traditional recipes, making jams, pickles, chutneys, olives, liquors and more. The best way to appreciate the estate is to book a guided tour, followed by a tasting session during which participants can enjoy an array of antipasti from the farm and sample four wines from the estate. At certain times of the year, strawberry and orange picking is also available on request.
If you’re interested in agritourism, don’t miss the opportunity to sample local produce and interact with the Maltese community at the Ta’ Qali Farmers Market. Taking place in Ta’ Qali Crafts Village every Tuesday and Saturday, the colourful market brings together farms and producers from across the Maltese islands. Foodies can discover a variety of Maltese produce that’s come straight from the fields to the stalls, such as seasonal fruit and vegetables, meat and fish, condiments and preserves, and must-try local delicacies such as Bigilla (paste made from beans) and Ġbejna (Goat’s cheese).
This farm in Wardija produces some the best olive oil in Malta, under the label Wardija Premium Pure Maltese Olive Oil. The owner, Sam Cremona, was once referred to as “The ‘Godfather’ of Maltese olive oil” on Jamie Oliver’s blog – an example of just how far his international reputation extends. Sam offers agritourism visits by appointment only, during which he takes eager culinary enthusiasts on a tour of the farm, which grows rare white olive trees known as bajda. Visitors will also learn about the olive oil production process and enjoy some sampling along the way.
Those who are interested in agritourism in Malta but don’t know where to start, should book a tour. There are a number of tour companies offering immersive experiences on farms and estates not usually open to the public. Merill Eco Tours hosts a variety of ‘Rural Tours’, giving visitors the chance to sample local food and wine and meet with regional producers and makers, or try their hand at activities such as strawberry picking and sea salt harvesting. Malta Sunripe takes visitors on agriculture tours through the village of Mgarr and to farmers’ holdings in the surrounding valley, which produce cheese, olives, wine and fruits. Elsewhere, Malta Rural Tourism takes participants on a long walk through the Maltese farmlands, followed by a traditional Maltese lunch. Whichever local produce you’re interested in exploring, there’s a company that can organise your agritourism adventure.