At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
From antique furniture stores to a wellness clinic and a very photogenic bookshop, here’s why you must visit Lisbon’s LXFactory
Positioned below Lisbon’s eye-catching Ponte de 25 Abril, LXFactory is a bridge of its own kind, between the city’s past and present. Self-dubbed, a “creative island”, the venue is at the heart of Lisbon’s artistic scene and occupies what was once one of the Portuguese capital’s most prosperous fabric factories.
Today, it’s a collective of independent stores and cafes – some housed in disused shipping containers – that offers an imaginative array of goods, from slices of homemade cheesecake to vintage furniture, Portuguese wine and locally made textiles.
As Sónia Teles Fernandes, a representative of LXFactory explains: “this place is special because it’s all about the people here, and the way LXFactory nurtures and champions their creative projects and endeavours. LXFactory is where creativity goes to play and when you have that kind of environment, people will always step out of their box and do what they truly feel and want to do. When you get down to it, it’s simply about the people that are attracted to this kind of concept and that flourish when you create an environment that will give them space to grow in any direction they want.”
Whether you’re looking for interior décor inspiration or simply in search of Lisbon best coffee, here’s where you’ll find it at LXFactory.
For those always on mission to find that perfect cup of coffee, Wish Slow Coffee House are the resident experts on all things caffeinated. This light-filled café has a friendly atmosphere and, most importantly, serves a superlative cup of coffee. Whether you prefer a flat white, French press or a Matcha latte, enjoy your favourite brew with Wish’s delicious continental breakfast platter, freshly baked goods or light bites.
LXFactory has no shortage of options for hungry visitors. A Mesa (literally translating to, ‘the table’) is a pizzeria with a wonderfully convivial atmosphere thanks to its long table that seats up to 50 diners. Order the Marville pizza, topped with Portuguese smoked sausage, soft cheese and chicken breast.
A restaurant inspired by the canteen that would have served the original factory workers, Cantina is the place to go for tasty Portuguese fare. This quirky eatery repurposes original furnishings and fittings and dishes up hearty plates, including an exemplary fish stew.
For an unconventional take on traditional dining, The Therapist is both a natural health clinic with wellbeing workshops and a café serving nourishing, wholesome dishes. Drop by to learn more about Ayurvedic medicine, take a short course on better time management, and tuck into a mood boosting, plant-based meal.
Exploring the many delights that LXFactory has to offer can be a tiring business, but luckily the venue has several options for visitors in need of an energy boost. LXCheesecake has a proprietor who goes by the name of Madame Cheeselova and serves up homemade cheesecake slices (such as the popular Lemon Meringue) to those in need of a treat. For a chocolate fix, visit Landeau; previously established in Lisbon’s Chiado neighbourhood, its chocolate cake is famous for good reason. Meanwhile, Oh!Brigadeiro is dedicated to the dainty and delectable Brazilian confection of the same name. Here, you’ll find the traditional chocolate brigadeiros alongside more imaginative flavours, such as pasteis del nata and peanut butter.
When the sun goes down, visitors will find there’s still plenty of fun to be had at LXFactory. Enjoy a beer or cocktail at Café na Fabrica, which has a pleasant outside terrace for balmy evenings. Furthermore, LXFactory itself is a regular venue for concerts, theatre performances and film screenings, so there’s plenty to keep you entertained long into the evening.
MoreThanWine allows you to take some of Portugal’s most delicious produce home with you. Alongside a thoughtful selection of Portuguese wine, the gourmet goodies stocked here include traditional Portuguese tinned sardines, olive oil, honey and cheese. Either take your goods to go or eat in and enjoy a plate of regional cheese and charcuterie accompanied by a glass of Portuguese red wine.
Interiors inspiration is easy to find within LXFactory, especially at décor store Pura Cal. From larger pieces of vintage or upcycled furniture to locally made textiles and pretty pottery, it’s very hard to leave Pure Cal empty handed. For further inspiration, head to the appropriately named Retroshop, which showcases an assortment of vintage signs, art and furniture.
Highly photogenic, it’s tempting to simply stand and admire Ler Devagar’s rows upon rows of fiction, poetry, art and travel books. Once you’ve had a chance to browse the floor-to-ceiling selection, pick up a few volumes and peruse them in the comfort of the in-house café or bar.
LXFactory holds a weekly Sunday flea market, LX Market. A lovely way to spend a leisurely weekend morning, wander from stall to stall admiring the eclectic range of work by local artists alongside crafts including handmade jewellery and a large amount of vintage homewares.