At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
Budapest dancer Pál Frenák raises the curtain on Hungary’s capital of dance
Folk may come to mind when picturing Hungarian dance but in Budapest, one man is reinventing the game. Pál Frenák is one of the city’s greatest home-grown talents and his unique eye for movement has resulted in jaw-dropping productions around the world. As founder of Compagnie Pal Frenak, he has swapped his dancing shoes for choreography and teaching. Ahead of the Budapest Spring Festival, at which he’ll showcase his latest production, XX_&_Fragments, Frenák lifts the curtain on dance Budapest, the Hungarian capital of contemporary dance.
Growing up in Budapest, what inspired your passion for dance?
My first mother tongue was sign-language, and I used movement and facial expression as a way of communication. Growing up, I started to use gestures and dance to express myself and, somehow, my talents were discovered. I went to Endre Jeszenszky (Frenák’s dance master – renowned Hungarian dancer and choreographer) and suddenly found myself in a truly inspiring environment. That was the moment I seriously became acquainted with dance
What makes Hungary’s dance scene so exciting?
I believe one of the most exciting things in the Hungarian dance scene is the versatility of the different genres. There are many talented dancers and choreographers in classical ballet, contemporary dance and folk. It is amazing to see how these genres can exist together. On the other hand, everyone is excited about the new National Dance Theatre project – the new building will be open in the spring 2018. I am sure that it will affect the dance and cultural scene very positively
Why is the Budapest Spring Festival such an important event on the city’s cultural calendar?
The Budapest Spring Festival is a great opportunity for talented national and international artists to introduce themselves into Budapest’s cultural scene. I think the festival has a gripping programme in which everybody can find something special and unique.
Do you have any tips for first-time visitors to Budapest?
Recently, a gastronomic revolution has started in Budapest. I love organic food and it is nice to see that there are more and more restaurants where this type of food is available – Szimpla Farmer’s Market is a must-see on Sundays. One of my favourite places in the city is Ludwig Museum. I also think that if someone likes international contemporary arts, they must visit one of Trafó’s events. Finally, no one can leave without a walk along the Danube Promenad
What can we expect from your new production, showing at the festival on 4th April?XX_&_Fragments_ is a unique sequence of performance pieces, inspired by the unconventional whale-shaped space of Bálna and Ernest Hemingway’s classic novel The Old Man and the Sea. A new generation of artists will share this extraordinary space for their choreographies, which show off their individual views, drive and energy. Five young artists will stage their work in this exceptional venue: Milán Maurer, Kristóf Várnagy, Gábor Ivanov, Patrik Keresztes and Fanni Esterházy. The creations are performed by the debuting choreographers, with the assistance of Mira Stupek (MTE) and Robert Peták.
Are you currently working on any particularly exciting projects with Compagnie Pál Frenák?
At the moment I am working on two new projects. One is a collaboration with the Hungarian State Opera House, where I choreograph Béla Bartók’s The Wooden Prince (the premier of this piece will be in May). The other is a new version of Tricks & Tracks, which will be produced at the Trafó House of Contemporary Arts in June.
When working on choreography, what inspires you?
I always observe the people surrounding me as well as the environment. I find everything that happens around me inspirational. It can be a personal experience, a piece of art or even a movie.
What brought you back to Budapest after years living in Paris?
When I came back to Budapest, an alternative culture had just started to rise. I thought that I could add something to that culture and I wanted to be a part of that process. I love both cities, but when I arrived in Budapest and saw the beautiful buildings and the river Danube, my heart stirred. The city has a vibe that is truly unique and special to me.