At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
Discover our favourite ways to enjoy a fun-filled weekend in London with the family
With an outstanding mix of museums, theatres, historical sights and outdoor activities, London is a destination guaranteed to win over every member of the family. Parents and children alike should prepare for a varied and fun-filled weekend in the city, whether it’s sightseeing from a speedboat on the River Thames, an opportunity to handle exhibits at an internationally renowned museum, or a night of mesmerising song and dance at a West End production. Here are some of our top ways to enjoy an unforgettable family weekend in London.
There are few more invigorating ways to kick off a family weekend in London than on a speedboat ride down the River Thames. Seriously exhilarating, the experience takes place in an RIB (short for “rigid inflatable boat”), a model typically used by the Special Forces. Adults and children are provided with both life jackets and wet weather clothing to keep them warm and dry during this fast-paced, thrilling ride.
The British capital may be located inland, but London’s world-class Aquarium offers visitors of all ages the chance to get up close and personal with an amazing variety of marine life. From rays to seahorses, children will love seeing these aquatic species, while learning how to better conserve and protect the world’s precious ocean inhabitants. Families might like to coincide their visit with feeding time at the shark tank, which takes place at 2:30pm every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. In addition, visitors can opt for a 30-minute Behind The Scenes tour to discover how the marine inhabitants of the aquarium are cared for, lead by an expert guide.
A glimpse of British pageantry at its finest, the Changing of the Guard is a popular attraction with visitors to London, but if you’re travelling with young children the crowds that gather can seem a little daunting. For an alternative but no less enjoyable experience, head to the Queen’s Life Guard instead, who do their change at 11am Monday-Saturday on Horse Guard’s Parade. A mounted regiment, this experience is guaranteed to be particularly popular with young horse lovers.
The Museum’s science centre, Investigate, is designed especially for children aged 5-14 and offers a unique opportunity to get hands-on with over 300 specimens and objects from the museum’s collection. Unlike in a normal museum, young visitors are actively encouraged to touch and feel the objects in order to get a better understanding of their importance. Investigate’s science educators are always happy to provide additional information and support.
London’s West End theatres enjoy a world-class reputation and, with plenty of family-friendly productions to choose from, most within walking distance of Corinthia Hotel London, an evening at the theatre is an essential experience for a family weekend. Parents and children will particularly enjoy the sounds and spectacle of classic Theatreland musicals such as The Lion King and Matilda.
A wonderful way to introduce little ones to art during a family weekend in London, every Sunday morning the National Gallery hosts its Magic Carpet Storytelling. The event is aimed at ages 2 to 5 years, and takes place on a ‘magic’ carpet, which lands in front of a different painting each time. During the course of the 30-minute session, children are treated to captivating stories inspired by the artworks.