At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
A romantic Prague itinerary for loved-up travellers, from cosy cocktail bars to historic walks
River views, Art Nouveau architecture, flowering public parks, candlelit cellar bars, and gilded grand cafes: no wonder Prague is a magnet for loved-up couples. If you’re looking to take that special someone on a romantic Prague retreat, there’s no shortage of amorous activities to be had in the Czech capital. From twilight strolls across the Charles Bridge and opera evenings at the Estates Theatre, to dinner at the Dancing House and dessert at Au Gourmand, this city has ambiance to spare.
What’s more romantic than a nice dinner out? Why, a nice dinner out in a building that’s named after – and even physically resembles – a dancing couple. The Dancing House is a famous Prague landmark, designed by Frank Gehry and Vlado Milunić in the mid-90s. Inside, the Ginger & Fred Restaurant (named in honour of that famous frolicking pair, Ginger Rogers and Fred Astaire) invites diners to gaze over the Vltava River as they sup on fine French fare.
Forget diamonds – head to Prague and you’ll discover that garnets are a girl’s best friend. Bohemian garnets are reputed to be some of the world’s finest, and a number of shops cater to visiting gem seekers. Granát Turnov has several boutiques in the city that stock authentic, high-quality stones.
Follow up your trip to the jewellers with a stop by the St Nicholas Church – it’s only fitting, considering how this historic landmark so resembles a jewellery box from the inside. Against the backdrop of its soaring vaults and colourful frescoes, the church hosts a series of candlelit concerts. There are few better places to take your partner to listen to Bach’s Cantatas than this High Baroque stunner.
A night out at the opera. In a private box. In a resplendent, historic theatre that once hosted Mozart himself. Yes, Prague’s Estates Theatre certainly has its pedigree – and, if your beloved is a culture-loving type, is certain to impress. Mozart’s Don Giovanni famously premiered here in 1787, and you can still see the opera playing on select dates throughout the season (sans cameos by Wolfie, mind).
Back in the day, U Malířů used to host Holy Roman Emperors (Rudolf II, specifically). While royalty may no longer flock here in their droves, the restaurant’s setting still suits those after a regal evening, with its white tablecloths, flickering candelabras and painted ceiling vaults that wouldn’t look out of place in a palace. Add in a bottle of really rather excellent Moravian wine to complete the experience.
Petřín Hill, which stands squarely in the centre of the city, is already a favourite of those after a romantic Prague ramble, given its parklands and pretty views. But to up the ardour, it’s hard to do better than a stroll around its historic rosarium. Here, thousands of colourful blossoms vie for attention with the scenic cityscape.
To sample wines from Bohemia’s oldest vineyard, you don’t have to leave the city. In fact, all you need to do is stroll over to the St. Wenceslas’s Vineyard, which is located on a southerly slope just outside of the Prague Castle. Rumour has it that these ancient vines were once tended to by the eponymous saint himself. Take a tour before tasting its Pinot Noir and Riesling varietals.
Unexpected it is not – the Charles Bridge is certainly one of the city’s best-known landmarks – but popularity aside, this famous bridge is an essential stop on any romantic Prague tour. Schedule your meander across its cobbled walkway for twilight, when the streetlights flicker on and the statues of the bridge – and turrets beyond – are silhouetted against the setting sun.
If your sweetheart has a sweet tooth, you’d be hard-pressed to find a more romantic Prague landmark than Au Gourmand. In a city filled with grand cafes, this one is a standout both for its treats and for its ambiance; the location on Dlouhá in particular has fin-de-siècle rooms that invite lounging. Opt for delicate mille-feuilles, or, if you’re after chocolate, a sinfully good slice of Black Forest cake.
While its vineyards are impressive and its beer lists omnipresent, Prague also has quite a way with its cocktails. For a bar that combines mixological know-how with sultry vibes, the moody Public Interest is a worthy address. With a modern aesthetic but historically minded drinks, the haunt makes for a romantic hideaway – and its lavender gimlet is well worth lingering over.