At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
From contemporary cuisine to classic cooking, take a look at Prague’s best restaurants on the river
Snaking its way through the city, the River Vltava is undoubtedly one of Prague’s best features. But like any beauty spot, searching out the best places to eat along the river will likely include dodging some of the more mediocre tourist traps. Luckily, the top riverside restaurants aren’t all that hard to find. From sky-high dining at Ginger & Fred and botanical-inspired décor at Soho+ to relaxed tapas-style fare on La Terrassa’s veranda and island dining on the river at Strelecky Ostrov, Prague’s best riverside restaurants offer far more than an alluring backdrop.
With a special tasting menu showcasing the best in local cooking, Parnas is as Czech as the Vltava itself. Score a seat by the large windows for views out over Charles Bridge, Prague Castle, and, of course, the expansive river, while tucking into modern adaptations of classic Czech recipes. Built 140 years ago in the basement of Lažanský Palace, Parnas is an ode to old-school Prague, with wood-panelled walls, marble enclaves and a grand piano, from which an accomplished pianist serenades guests during dinner.
With its enviable waterfront location overlooking Charles Bridge and Prague Castle, you’d be forgiven for thinking Bellevue a likely tourist spot. Fortunately, with lightly smoked venison saddle, truffle-stuffed breast of Guinea Fowl and a wide selection of South Moravian wines on the menu, Bellevue is far more subtle than its moniker suggests.
Set on the very edge of an island in the Vltava, Strelecky Ostrov knows the value of a good location. Choose a table on the terrace for an al fresco dinner served up against the hills of Petřín and the National Theatre, or retreat inside into the dining room or cosy cellar bars (sans view, naturally) for fried carp or an authentic beef goulash.
The brainchild of Norwegian restaurateur Nils Jeben, Kampa Park is located on the banks of Prague’s Lesser District. Drawing in a glamorous crowd (with the odd celebrity dotted about the dining room), guests are treated to exciting, experimental dishes such as sika deer loin with shimeji mushrooms and olive oil poached halibut with black truffles.
Another of Jeben’s popular Prague restaurants, Hergetova Cihelná is Kampa Park’s stylish younger sibling. Set within a former brick factory on the Vltava, there’s an informal pizzeria upstairs and a dining room below that specializes in a hybrid of international cuisine and local Czech flavours and ingredients. One of the Prague’s best restaurants for partiers, Hergetova Cihelná really reaches its zenith in the summer months, with DJs taking over the outdoor terrace.
Located just out of the city at the water’s edge, nature dominates the interior at Soho+, with flowers, plants and topiary adorning the white dining room, and a scattering of edible blooms appearing on plates, as well. Under a sprawling umbrella of white branches, which stretches out above the dining tables, come here for innovative and artful cuisine served up alongside those all-important river vistas.
Any tour of Prague’s best restaurants should include a stop at the Spanish-styled La Terrassa. Traditional tapas dishes and Iberian-inspired mains like grilled octopus and sizzling garlic prawns are served up beside the boats on the restaurant’s sunny veranda. Sides include views of the Rašín Embankment and the New Baroque charm of the Dancing House, just across the water.
Third parties are rarely a welcome addition to a romantic dinner, but sharing your duck leg confit and Czech cheeses with the statues adorning Charles Bridge is a notable exception. Ménage à trois are Mlýnec’s speciality, marrying elegant décor and superb views with one of the finest menus in Prague. Chef Marek Šáda cut his teeth in San Francisco and New York (where he worked under NOMA co-founder Mads Refslund) before bringing his culinary flare to the Czech capital.
Sitting atop Prague’s quirky architectural testament to the world’s most famous dancing duo, Ginger & Fred draws its culinary inspiration from across the globe – the menu moves through new takes on classics to daring dishes like pan-seared pikeperch with edible earth. The scope of the cuisine here is matched by spectacular views over the city from the stylish roof terrace.