At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
Cosy café for a good read or subterranean sightseeing? Here’s what to do when it drizzles in the Czech capital
With its postcard-worthy skyline, fairytale architecture and charming cobbled streets, the best way to explore the Czech capital is on foot. That is, unless the weather’s not on your side. Fortunately, Prague has plenty of options to brighten a rainy day. With world-class galleries, cosy coffee shops and atmospheric cellar bars ideal for whiling away a few hours, here’s what to do when the heavens open in Prague.
Come rain or shine, no visit to Prague is complete without ducking into its historic hallowed halls. The city’s churches and cathedrals contribute significantly to its skyline, with St Vitus Cathedral being the pride of Prague. A Gothic masterpiece that took nearly six centuries to construct, its south tower stands at more than 90m. The hefty 287-step hike to the top is rewarded with spectacular views of the city – while keeping dry.
Also in the Castle District, is St George’s Basilica. One of the Czech Republic’s oldest churches, this charming Romanesque relic is well worth a visit… especially for the nearby Pivovar Hostivar, where the beer is brewed onsite. With floor-to-ceiling windows, it’s an ideal spot to settle back in the warmth and watch the world drift by.
A rainy day in Prague is a great excuse to visit the city’s blockbuster art galleries. Photography buffs will marvel at the first-rate photographs on display at Leica Gallery (of German analogue camera fame). Its café-cum-bookshop is a hipster haven, and a great place to unwind for a few hours with a cup of something warm.
The hub of the capital’s art history scene is Národní Galerie Praha, which sprawls across five extraordinary venues and showcases works ranging from medieval iconography to modern Czech surrealists. Big-name local artists aside, the grand palaces and pretty convent in which the works are housed are worth a visit in themselves.
Prague’s independent bookshops have marked the Czech capital as a poetic haven for literary lovers. There is a decent hand of bookshops that stock English releases scattered throughout the capital, with Shakespeare & Sons being the largest and most popular. Choose from the city’s plethora of cool coffee shops (or, indeed, the cosy perch in the bookshop’s cellar café) and settle in for the afternoon.
The star of Dox Centre for Contemporary Art’s show on a drizzly day is its Gulliver Airship. A wood-slatted zeppelin that’s sheathed in Perspex, it’s a cosy place to take a pew and gaze out across the skyline, the patter of rain an atmospheric soundtrack. Pick up something arty from the gallery’s Bendox bookshop and mark out a quiet corner for a flick through.
Prague is as fascinating below ground as it is above. Beneath its charming cobbled streets is a labyrinth of tunnels, galleries and chambers, which used to be the old city before flooding necessitated the infrastructure to be raised a few storeys. With a history stretching back to the 12th century, it’s certainly atmospheric and, when it comes to the prison, more than a little macabre.
It’s not all doom and gloom underground, though. There’s no better time than a rainy day to hole up in one of Prague’s cosy cellar bars. With a steaming bowl of dumplings accompanying some very good local wine, there’s little chance the weather will get you down here.