At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
Wallets at the ready: explore the city’s best buys with this Lisbon shopping guide
When it comes to the great European shopping capitals, Paris, London, Rome, and Milan all likely spring to mind. But overlook Lisbon at your closet’s peril – the city is one of the continent’s richest and most ineffable retail hubs. Here, old world Portuguese leather shops that haven’t changed in decades sit alongside thoroughly contemporary concept stores; given its diversity, the city’s shopping-scape can barely be tackled in a single week, much less a single day. Hop on a tram, then, and keep this Lisbon shopping guide close at hand – whether it’s port, azulejos, or Portuguese fashion that you’re looking to score, your wallet may emerge happily battered by holiday’s end.
Lisbon may have largely old world looks, but the city is rife with cutting-edge concept stores that can stand alongside some of the world’s coolest retail addresses. Embaixada in Príncipe Real combines old and new – set within a 19th-century palace, its two storeys are filled with wares ranging from handmade jewellery and ceramics to organic cosmetics and edgy fashion. Also in Príncipe Real is 21pr, which stocks chocolates alongside perfumes and textiles next to art books. And then there’s the real hub: the sprawling LX Factory, located in an ex-industrial space, which merits is own half-day of wandering.
No Lisbon shopping guide is complete without comestibles – this is a city that knows how to eat. But even when the holiday comes to a close, you can bring those Portuguese flavours home with you, thanks to the 80 year-old Conserveira de Lisboa and its colourful, retro-inspired tins of seafood. Then, of course, you need something to wash it down with – happily, it’s only a three-minute stroll over to Napoleão, which hosts one of the city’s best stocks of port, madeira, and other Portuguese vintages. Fancy pudding? The old world Confeitaria Nacional is a dream for pastry lovers. Tuck into a pastel de nata in the store, and grab a box of something special to go.
Appreciate good design – with a bit of an edge? Lisbon’s many boutiques and independent designers stock pieces that fall well outside of the high street’s radar. For one-of-a-kind, graphic pieces, the Bairro Alto-based Fátima Lopes boutique is the ideal place to begin (she earned fame as the first Portuguese designer to show a collection in Paris Fashion Week). Designer Alexandra Moura’s boutique is another must for visiting style seekers – you certainly won’t run into anyone from home with the same look.
Over 10 seasons old, the Extreme Sailing Series sees nine teams from around the world battling it out in the water in one of the world’s most exciting international races. Sailing into Lisbon in October, the event will be a whirlwind of fast-paced short races and on-shore celebrations.
Following in the well-heeled footsteps of New York, London, Paris and Milan, Lisbon hosts its own Fashion Week in October, ModaLisboa. While the biannual showcase may not be as famous as its predecessors, it’s gaining traction in the European fashion scene. It’s one of the top fashion events in Lisbon and designers from across Portugal and Europe attend each year to present their latest collections and inspire new trends.
Doclisboa is more than a screening festival; it also aims to inspire debate. As well showing a busy programme of short and feature-length documentaries from around the world, the festival hosts an open forum in which attendees and filmmakers can discuss the findings of the documentaries they’ve viewed.
Another event celebrating its 10th edition in 2016 is Lisbon & Estoril Film Festival. Despite its name, the festival isn’t just a celebration of film; it’s a platform for all of the arts. The event welcomes creative talents from all backgrounds, including filmmakers, artists, writers, philosophers, musicians, actors, choreographers, composers and photographers, who exhibit their latest works in both the capital, Lisbon, and the seaside town of Estoril.