At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
From horse riding in Hyde Park to a picnic on the Thames, here are a handful of ideas for a romantic day out in the capital
With its elegant architecture, world-class cuisine and cutting-edge culture, London has all of the components for a romantic escape. Equally, the city also has plenty to inspire those with a taste for adventure. From a trot on horseback through the English capital’s most picturesque park, right through to an exclusive spa experience for two, there are plenty of unique dates to be had in London.
The English capital is a foodie’s paradise, with a buzzing restaurant scene that bristles with everything from Michelin stars to Mexican street food. Some the city’s most serendipitous dishes are served hot and fresh at gourmet food markets, and Borough Market has to be the cream of the crop. Choose from a delicious range of aromatic offerings, from cheeses and cured meats to steaming spit-roast pork baguettes and creamy tartiflette. Pop the cork on something sparkling procured from one of the specialist vintners in the area and enjoy a picnic on the banks of the nearby Thames. For a more unusual market experience, venture south to Brixton’s covered market or east to the busy Broadway Market at London Fields.
With its soaring skyline of iconic architecture, London certainly has its fair share of dazzling vistas. Begin a sky-bar tour with scenic sundowners at the legendary Aqua Shard on the 31st floor of London’s tallest building. Follow it up with something tall and sophisticated at the Sky Pod Bar on level 35 of the Walkie Talkie, before heading across to The Gherkin where Iris Bar offers an inspired cocktail menu 180m up in the air with 360° floor-to-ceiling windows. Feeling peckish? Head downstairs to the sumptuous Helix for fine dining in a chic setting.
Once a hunting ground for King Henry VIII and his acolytes, Hyde Park is steeped in history and provides a beautiful and quintessentially British setting for a gentle horse ride. Saddle up and take an accompanied five-mile canter around the leafy perimeter of the park, passing Rotten Row where the Household Cavalry horses from the palace are exercised. When it comes to unusual dates ideas in London, this is certainly a memorable one.
Offering the ultimate escape from the city, a private spa suite for two at the award-winning ESPAlife at Corinthia is a luxurious place to unwind and enjoy some exclusive quality couple time. Indulge in a sumptuous treatment before toasting with a flute of Champagne in the chic relaxation lounge. Suitably revived and restored, tuck into a delicious lunch in The Spa Lounge. The menu is steered towards health and wellness, and includes light dishes such as steamed lemon sole, nettle and artichoke risotto and grilled tuna loin.
From the emerald sprawl surrounding Kensington Palace to Hyde Park’s immaculately tended gardens, London’s royal parks are ideal for a romantic stroll. Head off-piste from Regent’s Park to scale the verdant heights of Primrose Hill at sunset. Offering some of the most spectacular views across London, the summit is a picturesque perch for a quiet tête-à-tête. All that fresh air will muster up an appetite, so it’s a good job that there’s a wealth of cosy pubs and smart restaurants in the area. Continue on to the lively district of Camden, where a plethora of bars and music venues provide ample options for your date to carry on into the evening.
The ornate dome of St Paul’s Cathedral is one of London’s most iconic landmarks, and easily one of its most beautiful. Visit in the late afternoon to avoid the crowds, and head up 257 steps to the Whispering Gallery in the dome’s interior. A whisper against the wall on one side is clearly audible on the other. Climb a little further to the Golden Gallery and be rewarded with panoramic views. It runs around the highest point of the dome’s exterior, 85m high and gazes out across the River Thames, Tate Modern and Shakespeare’s Globe Theatre.
Glide past the swans on Hyde Park’s tranquil boating lake; head out in a pedalo hired from the Boathouse at Regent’s Park; canoe down the Thames or explore London from the dappled shade of its canals in a motorboat for two. Taking to the water in the English capital is a rather fun way to spend time with your loved one. Pack a picnic and a bottle of something special to really enjoy London’s beautiful waterways.
With an array of high-end cake emporiums and decadent dessert parlours, London has plenty of indulgent destinations that are perfect for dates. Find a quiet café for a cup of tea and a slice of cake if you’re after something low key. Alternatively, go to down with an extra special afternoon tea experience. The Crystal Moon Lounge at Corinthia Hotel London serves afternoon tea daily, with finger sandwiches, warm scones and delicious cakes to enjoy. Select a flute of Laurent-Perrier to accompany your spoils and toast to the sweet life.
Undoubtedly one of Soho’s most beloved music venues, Ronnie Scott’s Jazz Club is the ideal place to spend a lazy afternoon. Slip into a velvety booth and relish some privacy as you sip a beautifully crafted Old Fashioned or Mint Julep. All the jazz greats have passed through these hallowed halls, with an excellent line-up of talent playing mesmerising cadences well into the night. It’s open until 3am, so you can savour the cocktails, excellent tunes and, of course, the special company.