At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
White, tawny or ruby; port has many facets, so take the time to investigate this delectable tipple at your leisure
As all English gentlemen know, the done thing is to partake of a little port while in Portugal, if only to make sure one is stocking one’s cellar with a tiptop vintage. Although Porto is the centre of the country’s port viticulture, Lisbon is where many wish to sample. Just a word to the wise: port is a whole lot stronger than wine, so plan your sampling carefully. You’ll thank us in the morning.
Before embarking on your tasting tour of port in Lisbon, there are a few key pointers to keep in mind. For one, lose the port prejudices. All too often banished to the back of the drinks cabinet (unless it happens to be Christmas), port has struggled to shake off its out-dated image. But with its variety and its richness, as well as its coveted vintages, port can be remarkably complex and sophisticated. Relegate it to the festive season at your peril.
Port enjoys far more variety than those stuck with supermarket plonk might guess. Known locally as “vinho do porto,” port is produced only in the northern Douro Valley region of the country (where Porto is located). White port, a lighter, drier version made with white wine grapes, makes the perfect aperitif; tawny port, aged in barrels, offers a richer, viscous body, and a full, oxidised flavour; and ruby port is typically younger and vermillion-hued. At the really top-end, try the Colheita styles – highly aged tawny ports from a single year. For those starting at the beginning – or those who wish to work their way through a comprehensive selection of styles – nowhere is better equipped to craft a bespoke flight than Solar do Vinho do Porto. Located in Lisbon’s Bairro Alto neighbourhood, the tasting room is in part overseen by the government’s port wine agency, and stocks hundreds upon hundreds of the country’s best bottles. Multiple visits may well be required.
Once you’ve sampled the cellar at Solar do Vinho do Porto, continue your tasting tour of port in Lisbon at Chafariz do Vinho, a wine bar located on an eye-catching 18th-century aqueduct. Its range of port by the glass is supplemented by its 100 year-tasting flight, which serves 10-year, 20-year, 30-year, and 40-year barrel-aged ports. Winebar do Castelo, at the foot of São Jorge Castle, is another exceptional stop-off. Apart from its scenic setting, the bar serves a range of ports, local sharing plates and more than 100 Portuguese wines – it’d be easy (and certainly not ill-advised) to spend a good few hours here. Looking for souvenirs? You’ll have better luck exploring a specialised shop than raiding duty free shelves just before your flight. In Baixa, Garrafeira Nacional enjoys legendary status and is known to sell 100 year-old bottles. If you’re looking to push the boat out, that is.