At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
A city enthralled by Jazz, St Petersburg has some of the best venues in Russia
Harry Houdini could pick up pins with his eyelashes. Lichtenstein is the world’s largest exporter of false teeth. And one more surprising fact: St Petersburg is a hotbed for jazz.
While the Russian cultural capital is known the world over for its mastery of ballet and prowess in opera, the city is hardly less infatuated with jazz and blues. These days the jazz bars in St Petersburg, which range from intimate hole-in-the-walls like JFC Jazz Club and 48 Chairs, to the Jazz Philharmonic Hall, host some of the world’s finest players. So, sit back and enjoy the tunes at the city’s seven best jazz bars.
Whisky (more than 30 varieties, mind), live music and an often-packed dance floor – what more does a Petersburger need? At The Hat Bar (no, we’re not quite sure what hats have to do with it), you’ll happily find all three. This isn’t your fusty old jazz bar: instead, performers pouting into trombones and warbling on clarinets are centimetres away from the audience. Arrive earlier in the night to ensure there’s still enough space to dance.
Sultry, snug, and more than a little reminiscent of Manhattan’s finest downtown jazz joints, no wonder moody JFC Jazz Club is ranked among the best jazz bars in St Petersburg. But just because “jazz” is in the name, that doesn’t mean that’s all that’s in store here: the club also specialises in blues, swing, ragtime, bluegrass, and other genres with more than a touch of Americana about them. Musicians do come from stateside – as well as numerous other countries – to play at this respected address.
A jazz lover’s staple since 1989, the Jazz Philharmonic Hall is perhaps the most refined venue on our list. A petite, bi-level theatre, the hall transports guests back in time – the tables, each illuminated by their own lamp, feel straight out of the 1960s. The venue’s also got serious jazz world cred: violinist and composer David Goloshchekin is behind its founding, while the smaller Ellington Hall commemorates one of the Duke’s legendary St Petersburg appearances back in the 1970s.
Named for early 20th century trumpeter Henry ‘Red’ Allen, the Red Fox Jazz Café is one of the cosiest basement jazz bars in St Petersburg. Live music pours from the stage from 8:30pm onwards, each and every evening. Though the venue attracts both local and international musicians, the focus is generally on old-school jazz: think bebop, big band, and other retro revivals..
Though its artfully cluttered, tchotchke-strewn interior looks more like it belongs to an antique shop than a music venue, the aptly named Art Café Sunduk is as much a destination for its whimsical interiors (and its high-quality cooking) as its tunes. While jazz isn’t the only genre on offer, it does make up the bulk of the venue’s calendar. Music kicks off after dinnertime, and is, happily, a daily fixture.
Don’t be misled by the name – there will be no reanimated versions of Purple Haze hitting the stage at the Jimi Hendrix Club. Instead, the name is meant to be an indication that this venue falls on the blues end of the musical scale. In a brick-lined cellar, youngish patrons swig their spirits of choice, while guitarists, saxophonists, vocalists, and other maestros entertain at one of the hippest jazz bars in St Petersburg.
48 chairs has, you guessed it… 48 chairs. That’s not too mysterious then. The allure here is instead supplied by the décor, which pitches the venue halfway between old-fashioned cabaret hall and mid-century fine dining destination. And speaking of fine dining, if you’re coming for the jazz, stay for the menu, which proffers tempting fare like porcini risotto.