At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
Exceptional cultural events. Pretty parks. Tantalising gastro delights
The leaves may be turning, but Budapest is in full bloom in autumn. The city is alive with arts and gastronomy festivals, and its legendary landmarks seemingly glow in the warm autumnal sun. Here are seven reasons to visit the Hungarian capital during the autumn months.
Culture vultures will love a seemingly never-ending roll call of captivating arts events in Budapest in autumn. Discover established and upcoming local creative talent at Budapest Design Week, where you can explore fashion, illustration, interior design works and much, much more. The freshly restored Budapest Opera House has a program inspired by Wagner’s Ring Cycle, featuring 28 ballet and operatic pieces alongside repertoire shows and musicals. Although the Museum of Fine Arts is closed for renovation, you can still peruse exceptional Eastern European contemporary works at October’s international art fair, Art Market Budapest.
See the colours of foliage change by visiting Budapest’s impeccable parks. Crunch leaves of russet and brown underfoot as you stroll around giant sculptures of Lenin, Marx and Engels at Memento Park. Head to the tiny Margaret Island in the middle of the Danube to see Japanese Garden Acer trees transforming from vivid scarlet to burnt ochre.
Enjoy a tipple or two at the Italian Riesling Festival in October, where over 200 Rhine and Italian Rieslings will battle it out to win the coveted first place prize. For fans of French red wine, try the Bordo Great Tasting in November. To savour a taste of local grapes matched with artisanal cheeses, head to the New Wine and Cheese Festival in the historic Vajdahunyad Castle.
Temperatures are still mild during autumn in Budapest, and the city is much quieter so you won’t be jostling for elbow room at one of its iconic bath houses. Enjoy a restorative dip in the thermal waters of the grand Széchenyi Baths in City Park or the elegant Gellért Baths, which are (mercifully) indoors, in case of rain showers.
This cavernous 19th century neo-Gothic hall is packed full of the season’s harvest at this time of year. Shop for local meats, warm lángos pastries and freshly picked fruit and vegetables.
Get out of the city and head into nature to witness the wonderful changing hues around the Danube Bend. Hailed as the most beautiful part of the entire Danube River, see the waters twist and turn around the valley as its hills turn from green to chestnut brown. Head to the charming, arty town of Szentendre, brimming with quaint galleries and museums, or put your best foot forward and head off for an exhilarating hike in the Buda Hills.
See the city’s autumnal colours by day or the magnificence of the Hungarian Parliament building’s illuminations after dark on a river cruise along the Danube. From the watery divide between Buda and Pest you can take in the gorgeous architecture and discover the enchanting history of this sublime city.