At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
Inspire some romance with this guide to the most romantic things to do during a weekend in London
Whether celebrating an anniversary, planning a proposal, or simply enjoying a romantic minibreak for two, London offers a cornucopia of amorous experiences for couples. From rowing on the Serpentine and watching the sunset along the River Thames, to museum lates and an opulent dinner in a private dining room, here’s how to plan the perfect romantic weekend in London.
For one of the world’s largest urban centres, London has a surprising number of beautiful parks and gardens. One that’s particularly romantic is Kensington Palace Gardens, located next to the home of Prince William and the Duchess of Cambridge. Explore the Sunken Garden and pass through the arched Cradle Walk for a taste of regal romance. Other stunning walks can be found at the Japanese-style Kyoto Gardens in Holland Park; the Chelsea Physic botanical gardens; and the world-famous Queen Mary’s Garden in Regents Park, home to a giant rose garden filled with around 12,000 roses.
Set within the scenic grounds of Hyde Park in central London (a stone’s throw from Corinthia Hotel London), the Serpentine is the city’s largest and most picturesque public lido. Have a Bridget Jones moment by renting a rowboat and reciting some poetry, or simply enjoy the view as you glide across the water.
Discover some of the most beautiful and precious jewellery in the world at the Tower of London, home of the British Monarchy’s Crown Jewels. Discover magnificent pieces worn by members of the royal family throughout history, such as The Imperial State Crown and The Sovereign’s Sceptre, which features the giant 530.2-carat Cullinan I diamond. Continue your discovery at the Victoria & Albert Museum in South Kensington, which displays over 3,000 fine jewels from across Europe.
Almost nothing sets the scene for an amorous weekend in London quite like a romantic walk along the River Thames at sunset. Amble along the South Bank and take in the city’s iconic riverside sites, historic castles and impressive bridges as the sky turns from blue to black and the twinkling lights of the London skyline begin to shine.
Browse your favourite exhibits without the crowds by attending one of the city’s museum lates; many leading museums across the capital offer late-night openings for those seeking a more intimate experience. The Tate Modern, for example, opens until 10pm on weekend nights, while many top establishments close late every Friday: the British Museum stays open until 8.30pm, the National Gallery until 9pm, and the Royal Academy of Arts until 10pm.
London is not short of places to enjoy a romantic dinner, but for an extra special occasion why not go all out and reserve a private dining room? Corinthia Hotel London offers two excellent options: The Northall Private Dining Room serves a dining menu of modern British cuisine in opulent surroundings, while the Massimo Restaurant Private Dining Room offers authentic Italian fine dining.
Get lost in the romance of a timeless tale at one of London’s iconic theatres. From large-scale West End musicals like The Phantom of the Opera, which tells the love story of a beautiful soprano and a mysterious, disfigured composer; to captivating ballets like the Royal Opera House’s Sleeping Beauty, based on the classic fairy tale; there are plenty of romantic productions to enjoy on a weekend in London.