At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
From ice fishing on the Neva to skiing at Tsarskoye Selo, there are so many snow-covered things to do this winter
When there’s snow on the ground and icicles in the trees, Russia’s hardy citizens don’t just bundle up and hibernate for a few months. No, these seemingly weatherproof natives see the winter weather as an invitation to get active outdoors with an abundance of wintery things to do in St Petersburg. So pack your warmest thermals and your fur-lined gloves – you’re certainly going to need them. From ice skating at Kirov Park to ice fishing on the Neva River and skiing at Tsarskoye Selo, there are so many snow-covered things to do in St Petersburg. And if you’re lucky, there’ll be a warming shot of vodka to welcome you at the end!
Evgeni Plushenko, Adelina Sotnikova, Irina Slutskaya – there’s a reason Russia is home to so many champion figure skaters. But you don’t need to be a practiced triple toe-looper in order to take to the ice in St. Petersburg. Visitors should follow the city denizens to St. Petersburg’s many parks, where open-air ice rinks woo skaters of all ages. Kirov Park on Elagin Island is always a good option.
Whether you’re travelling with children or are just the proverbial inner child, there’s nothing quite as energizing as a red-cheeked afternoon spent sledging. You can opt for a simpler vehicle, or, in some parks in St. Petersburg, rent a two-person model. Either way, follow the locals to favourite and appropriately sloped spots like Tauride Gardens or Victory Park.
At once a workout (for those who’ve indulged in a few too many caviar-topped blinis) and a way to take in the pretty, pine-covered countryside, cross-country skiing may well be the most efficient way to get around snowy St. Petersburg (unless you’ve got a pair of snowshoes at your disposal, that is). Tsarskoye Selo, just south of the city centre and home to a Romanov Palace, offers picturesque skiing turf and on-site rentals. And despite the cold, you may just work up a sweat.
But don’t think that Russians prefer to keep the pace set to “languorous”. For something a touch more rigorous than a gentle cross-country trek, a number of ski resorts and mountain retreats offer snowboarding, downhill skiing, and even heli-skiing. Many are far from the city, but accessible Okhta Park is close enough to attract flocks of St Petersburgers during the winter months.
When it comes to classic St. Petersburg winter “sports,” few are as entrenched as ice fishing. Just wait until the Neva River freezes over to spot thrifty fishermen – often covered in a thin sheet of plastic to protect them from the elements – hovering over a small hole in the ice. But perhaps it’s best to let the locals take the lead on this one – ice fishing may work best as a spectator sport.
If you’re planning to visit Russia for the New Year, come prepared in your cosiest furs – the holiday is famous for its exuberant street parties, no matter how thick the snow. In St. Petersburg, Dvortsovaya Square, across from the Hermitage, sees the biggest groups of revellers. In February, meanwhile, Maslenitsa – the Russian version of Pancake Day – lasts for a whole week, with numerous outdoor things to do in St Petersburg alongside family and religious traditions.
Not all Russian skaters prioritise their pirouettes. St. Petersburg is also the place to take in an ice hockey match. The Ice Palace, home to SKA St Petersburg, the local team, is a good place to see ice-bound competition. On days when they’re not playing, visitors can rent skates and give the rink a try.