At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
From filigree jewellery to hand blown glass, these are some of the best artisanal crafts to look for when shopping in Malta
The Maltese islands are rich with artisanal treasures, from delicate lace and filigree jewellery to hand-spun pottery and traditional Maltese glass. A gold mine of gifts and souvenirs, we’d recommend setting aside some time to do a little shopping in Malta. Whether perusing Maltese crafts at the Ta’Qali Crafts Village, or heading off to one of the incredible Maltese markets that crop up across the archipelago, there are some stunning items to be found – just grab your wallet and follow your feet.
The island of Gozo, for example, is a hotspot for lace making; you can catch a glimpse of this ancient handicraft just by taking a walk around the island – many of the local women weave right on their doorstep. Lace making – or bizzilla as it is known locally – has been a fixture in Malta since the 16th century, back when the Knights of St. John were kicking around, so it has a pretty impressive pedigree in these parts. You can find some beautiful pieces to take home in the local shops on the island, or head over to the Ta’Qali Crafts Village for a larger selection of Maltese crafts.
Filigree jewellery is another flourishing craft to search out when shopping in Malta. The gold and silversmiths on the islands are known for the quality of their jewellery, as well as the distinctive eight pointed cross that they incorporate into many of their designs. Start your jewellery quest in the stores on Merchants Street and St. Lucia’s Street in Valletta.
Found on a former RAF airfield from WW2, the Ta’Qali Crafts Village might not look like the most promising site for artisanal Maltese crafts, but don’t let its appearance deceive you – this is without doubt one of the best places for shopping in Malta. Don’t miss the demonstrations held in the village or the opportunity to buy some beautiful pieces directly from the artisans.
After exhausting the stalls at Ta’Qali, head over to the island of Gozo to check out their local craft village, Ta’Dbiegi. Offering an impressive selection of local products, from handmade pottery and metalwork to leather bags and wallets, Ta’Dbiegi is located in the oldest town on the island, so you can be sure to find some authentic items, all made on-site.
For those brave souls who are willing to run the gauntlet of getting a delicate item through airport security, there are some stunning pieces of Maltese glass for sale across the archipelago. The glass workshops in the crafts villages have plenty of items to choose from, and you can even watch while the glass is being blown. Alternatively, you can take a trip to Mdina Glass in Valetta, which has a wonderful range of glasswork on offer, from paperweights and perfume bottles to elegant vases.
Given Malta’s artisanal credentials, it’s probably unsurprising that the islands have their own dedicated craft shopping event. The Malta Artisan Markets take place several times a year, popping up in different locations each time. Offering an amazing array of traditional Maltese crafts, these markets are among the best places to go shopping in Malta.
If your trip doesn’t coincide with one of these shopping events, there are plenty of other Maltese markets that occur on a more regular basis, like the daily market in Gozo’s Independence Square, which sells everything from traditional Maltese food to artisan crafts and accessories.