At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
From helicopters and hot air balloons to Segways and retro trams, there are plenty of interesting St Petersburg sightseeing tours to discover
Gone are the days when a sightseeing tour meant a map, some good walking shoes and a fast-talking guide waving an umbrella. Nowadays, it’s all about hot air ballooning, sledding and even Segway rental. And when it comes to St Petersburg sightseeing, the tours can be just as unique and exciting as the city itself. Take to the sky for a light plane flight, hover over the city in a helicopter or keep your feet firmly on the ground and hop aboard a retro tram. Whatever your travel style, there’s the perfect alternative tour in St Petersburg.
Get a bird’s-eye view of St Petersburg by floating up above the landmarks in a hot air balloon. A once in a lifetime experience for many people, hot air ballooning offers both panoramic vistas and a memorable way to tour the city. Guests climb into a basket, which is attached to a large balloon known as an envelope. The air trapped in the balloon is then heated up, usually by an open flame, which causes the whole contraption to rise into air for an unforgettable sail through the sky. Neva Aero is one of the leading hot air balloon companies in the city and offers captivating flights over the stunning Pushkin district, home to former imperial residences such as Alexander Palace and Catherine Palace.
An exhilarating way to see a new destination, helicopter tours are popular among visitors looking for truly spectacular St Petersburg sightseeing; from the sky, it’s easy to see why the imperial city inherited the nickname ‘the Venice of the North’. A number of companies offer helicopter rides over the city and its islands. MaxiBaltTours takes visitors on 15-minute flights directly over the city’s top architectural sites, setting off from the lawn next to Peter and Paul Fortress and flying past the Winter Palace, St Isaac’s Cathedral and the Church of Our Saviour on Spilled Blood, among other key landmarks.
Another impressive way to see the city, light plane flights make for memorable St Petersburg sightseeing tours. HeliSky offers a number of routes, ranging from 15-minute loops over the city centre to hour-long flights taking in the whole of St Petersburg and nearby Kotlin Island. The company also offers evening flights for those who wish to witness the striking image of the city illuminated by millions of lights.
Back down on the ground, one of the most exciting sightseeing tours takes visitors around the city by Segway. Hop on one of the self-balancing vehicles and nip between sights with ease and speed. Segway SPb offers Segway rental for independent trips and guided tours following several routes depending on what guests want to see and how much time they have to spare.
If you’d rather sit back and relax on your St Petersburg sightseeing tour, hop aboard a retro tram. Running on a network of tracks throughout the city, the historic tramcars transport guests back in time. If you have an hour to spare, jump on at Vasilievsky Island and travel past sights such as Peter and Paul Fortress and the State Hermitage Museum, before disembarking near the colourful domed Church of Our Saviour on Spilled Blood.
If you’re visiting St Petersburg during winter, or need an excuse to return following a summer trip, another exciting sightseeing tour option awaits. Taking place when the snow falls in the grounds of Peterhof, malamute sleds are pulled by large dogs and wind their way around the grounds of the imperial Pushkin estate, taking in the magnificent gardens and palaces that were once home to Russia’s Tsars.