At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
Looking for things to do in Valletta? Take a look at our guide to the best events and activities in the Maltese capital
As befits a European Capital of Culture and UNESCO World Heritage Site, Malta’s capital city of Valletta is crammed full with things to see, do, eat and buy. Most importantly, while its wealth of history, café culture and prime shopping opportunities make it a popular summer destination, the city remains a thriving focal point for visitors even when the temperature drops. Not that it drops too much – this is the Mediterranean, after all. We’ve selected six essential things to do in Valletta, some of which have a distinctly festive twist – so whether you want to catch a carol service by candlelight at St John’s Co-Cathedral, indulge in some culture at the Teatru Manoel, or simply admire the Christmas lights on Republic Street, Valletta has it covered.
The exhibition of the Christmas crib, or presepju, is an important Maltese tradition that can be traced back to the 17th century, when Dominican friars assembled their own modest nativity display. Walk around the city during Advent and you’re certain to see a Nativity scene, and some people even invite the public into their house to share their more elaborate designs. For an engaging walk-through of this most Maltese of customs – and a chance to view some wonderful examples – a visit to the Nativity Museum in the crypt of St Austin’s Church is a must.
While it’s true that Malta’s thriving clubs and bars are situated in the St Julian’s area of the island, the Charles Grech is doing its bit to up Valletta’s chic quota. The Bell-Époch-style café bar has an extensive wine and whiskey list, as well as a rotating menu of expertly made cocktails – look out for their seasonal specials! The largest importers of spirits on the island, they also serve superb coffee and occasionally host live jazz bands.
Commissioned in 1731 by the Grand Master of the Knights of Malta, the Teatru Manoel was charged with providing “honest entertainment” (the motto ad honestam populi oblectationem still hangs over the door) to the people of Malta. The theatre is actually reputed to be one of the oldest working theatres in Europe, and retains many of its original features. As one of the major cultural venues on the island, the performance programme is broad and inclusive, incorporating opera, dance, pantomime and productions by local talent. If you can, try and catch a performance by the Maltese Philharmonic, who have gone from strength to strength under the artistic direction of Brian Schembri.
Of all the chapters in Malta’s storied history, it is the 250-year rule under the Knights of St John that left the deepest impression. This Baroque cathedral, built between 1573 and 1578 for the Order, is one of the most monumental remnants of that era, and a must-see when it comes to things to do in Valletta. Considering Valletta’s role as a fortified city during this time, the building itself looks suitably militaristic – but once inside, its true gilded Baroque nature comes to the fore. It also houses Caravaggio’s masterpiece The Beheading of Saint John the Baptist. For those visiting Valletta during Christmastime, it also houses an additional treat –the Christmas concert. Featuring pieces by Handel, Bach and Rutter alongside traditional carols, this year the concert takes place on December 18th.
The Patches Fair is a regular event showcasing local artisans, craftspeople and designers that takes place at various venues around Valletta. The Christmas edition is held in the Magazino Hall on the Valletta Waterfront on November 30th, which also plays host to the Malta Comic Con a few days later. Expect a strong festive focus in the type of products on offer, so it’s something of a golden opportunity for those looking to source some original and crafty gifts. If you’re looking for more traditional wares, such as the filigree jewellery Malta is famous for, the Waterfront also has a number of more traditional shops catering to this market.
If you’re staying in Valletta throughout December, it’s unlikely you’ll be able to miss the Christmas illuminations – they’re everywhere. As with the Nativity cribs, the Maltese have a tendency to go big when it comes to festive decorations, and undoubtedly the best place to view them is Republic Street. Every year Valetta’s main shopping street becomes a veritable wonderland when night falls – and looks pretty festive during the daytime too.