At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
Keep everyone entertained with these child-friendly activities in Lisbon
With its warm climate, historical and cultural sights, outdoor activities and proximity to the coast, Lisbon is a natural choice for a summer family holiday. The Portuguese capital has plenty to keep the whole family entertained, whether you fancy visiting Europe’s largest aquarium, relaxing in a leafy park with live music and a children’s craft workshop, or going on a scenic riverside cycle. Here are our top suggestions for how to spend your family holiday in Lisbon this summer.
A fun and novel way to see some of Lisbon’s greatest landscapes and avoid hiking up the city’s famously vertiginous hills, hop abroad the number 28 tram and see some of the capital’s most famous vistas from the comfort of this charming and historic mode of transport. Take the tram from Martin Moniz to Prazeres and try to sit on the double seats on the left as they have the best views of the river. Children will enjoy a ride upon this bright yellow vehicle as it winds its way up and down Lisbon’s seven hills whilst parents will be able to admire some of the city’s most picturesque and historic sights. En route, Look out for the imposing Graca Church, the panoramic views as you pass through the Alfama district, wonderful glimpses of Castelo Sao Jorge and atmospheric streets of Lisbon’s artistic Chiad neighbourhood.
Located in Estrela, Lisbon’s Fun Track can be found behind the Museu do Oriente and comes highly recommend for families on holiday in Lisbon. Adjacent to the river, families can hire their choice of roller skates, karts, tricycles, bikes or scooters and burn off some steam on the 400m track. Alternatively, hire bikes and amble along the 7km riverside cycle route, which runs from Belem to Cais do Sodre. Parents will also appreciate the adjoining café, which serves tasty snacks and healthy dishes as well as homemade ice cream.
Europe’s largest aquarium, Lisbon’s Oceanario De Lisboa offers an innovative and dynamic insight in aquatic life. Guaranteed to delight animal-loving children, the main aquarium holds a staggering 5 million litres of seawater and the space is divided into four different marine habitats that replicate the different environments found in oceans across the globe. From charming sea otters, puffins and penguins to mesmerizing creatures of the deep, the whole family will be fascinated by the residents of Lisbon’s aquarium.
A day at the beach is a must for any family holiday in Lisbon and fortunately, golden sands, clear waters and a beautifully unspoilt coastline are within easy reach of the city centre. Hop on the train to Cascais, which takes roughly 40 minutes, or travel by car. The beaches in the town are perfect for bucket and spade activities, whilst the more rugged Praia do Guincho just outside of Cascais is one of the loveliest strips of coastline in the area. Part of the Serra da Sintra National Park, this beach is protected from any development and, as a result, is wonderfully wild and unspoilt.
An instantly recognisable part of Lisbon’s skyline, the Moorish fortress of Castelo de Sao Jorge is certainly worth exploring for families on holiday in the city. A prime vantage point, it’s little wonder that this site has been occupied since ancient times by the likes of the ancient Greeks and Romans as well as its use as a military garrison during the 19th century. Having been carefully restored in the 20th century, this is a great place to explore with the kids, soaking up some staggering views and fascinating history at the same time.
An oasis of greenery, the tranquil Jardim de Estrela is located close to the Basilica of the same name and has been in existence since the mid 1800s. Today, this oasis of greenery, which includes a lake, bandstand and an impressively large playground as well as an excellent café with its own miniature tram, is as family friendly as can be. Additionally, if you’re visiting during the summer, there are weekend craft markets and live afternoon music performances. Children are also invited to take part in a craft workshop as parents enjoy a moment of relaxation at a table under the trees with a cold glass of wine.