At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
While away a sunny day with this guide to the best parks and gardens to visit during summer in St Petersburg
Summer in St Petersburg feels almost like a reward for enduring the dark nights of winter. In the weeks surrounding the summer solstice, the sun never fully sets and the city is bathed in a seemingly endless twilight. Every day, St Petersburg’s beautiful parks and gardens are filled with people relaxing and basking in the sun ahead of another midsummer’s eve party. We’ve selected some of the best green spaces in the city to explore on a summer’s day, from the grand Maritime Victory Park and the popular Catherine Garden, to the fascinating St Petersburg Botanical Garden and the ancient Summer Garden.
Summer Garden is not only the oldest park in St Petersburg, it’s also one of the most beautiful. Built as a private sun trap for Peter the Great in the early 18th century, the imperial garden resembles the Dutch baroque style with a geometric pattern dotted with fountains, picturesque pavilions and statues by acclaimed Italian sculptors such as Boratta and Bozzazza. Now accessible to the public, the popular riverside park is a lovely spot in which to take a break from sightseeing. If the summer heat gets too much, pop into the museum and discover archaeological treasures uncovered during the garden’s restoration.
Located just in front of the iconic Alexandrinsky Theatre, Catherine Garden is a small but striking public space. A beautiful spot in which to await your theatre call, the garden is dedicated to former Russian leader Catherine the Great, of whom a giant statue stands proudly at its centre. During summer in St Petersburg, the park is lined with artists selling artworks and portraits, which make for creative souvenirs.
Once an 18th century apothecary, St Petersburg Botanical Garden has evolved beyond medicinal plants to become one of the largest gardens of its kind in the country. It contains 25 greenhouses filled with rare, tropical and sub-tropical plants and flowers from across globe, along with endless gardens of native Russian plant life. Seasonal highlights include giant waterlilies that can grow up to two metres in diameter and a captivating flowering cactus, which blossoms for one night per year each summer. Whether you’re a botanist or not, the Botanical Garden is a fascinating place to explore.
With a sports stadium, a lake, a beach, an amusement park, restaurants and much more, it’s easy to spend a day getting lost at Maritime Victory Park. The huge 243-hectare site on Krestovsky Island was opened in 1945 to celebrate the country’s WWII victory. While it’s predominantly a leisure district with loads of open spaces to ramble, cycle or relax, hints of the garden’s heritage can be seen through statues and sculptures lining the main avenues. If you’re interested in global history, keep an eye out for the avenue of friendship, where delegates from countries around the world have planted trees – each of which is marked with a plaque.
A serene escape from the bustle of the city, Kirov Central Culture and Leisure Park on Yelagin Island is a captivating place to visit during summer in St Petersburg. Accessible via car (just 30 minutes from Nevsky Prospect) or boat, the huge park takes over the majority of the island. A great spot to take the whole family, the park is home to attractions including a boat house from which boat trips set sail, a fairground with rides, an open-air theatre where concerts are held, badminton courts, and much more. If in need of some shade, step inside the former imperial residence of Elagin Palace, which is now a museum dedicated to art from the 18th – 20th centuries.