At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
Beloved St Petersburg fashion designer Tatiana Kotegova shares her insider guide to the city
A stalwart of St Petersburg’s fashion industry, womenswear designer Tatiana Kotegova has been designing clothes since she was six years old. Having honed her craft during the Soviet era, Kotegova opened her fashion house in 1991 and is now one of the city’s most respected fashion professionals. Here, she shares the story of her fascinating career and her favourite places in St Petersburg.
Can you tell us about your experience of growing up in St Petersburg? How did your fashion career begin?
It seems to me that I was in the fashion world from birth. My mum, grandmother and aunts taught me great style with their own examples. They could sew, knit and embroider, and they decorated our house by hand. There has always been a cult of antiques in our family. I tried to sew my first outfit when I was six years old and, by age 15, I was already creating quite comprehensive designs. These childhood memories are very important to me. I grew up with the idea that life is made according to the laws of beauty and I still believe in that.
You were designing womenswear in St Petersburg during the 1970s and 80s, how did the politics and culture of that period influence your designs?
As we know, it’s not only politics and culture that influence fashion, but also economy, social life, natural disasters and many other things that make up our lives. You cannot create fashion and fail to feel the pulse and the mood of the time. In the 1970s, when I was creating costumes for myself, my family and friends, I could not imagine that I would ever do it legally because such activities were prosecuted during Soviet times. I didn’t even dream about my own fashion house in those years. However, by 1991, I had opened the doors of my fashion house. At that time, it was not easy to organize your own business, but I did have plenty of imagination and energy, qualities which I still strive to bring to my company. Some of my designs from those years, as well as some modern costumes from our fashion house, are now presented in the museum collection of the Hermitage and a private collection of the famous fashion historian, Alexander Vasilyev.
Where do you go in the city when you’re in need of inspiration?
There is no need to look far for inspiration in St Petersburg; this is a city of rare harmony and beauty. It is enough to go to the Neva River embankment to admire the surrounding beauty that was conceived in the 18th century and has been preserved, almost entirely unchanged, since then. If the weather is bad, visitors can dive headlong into the endless treasures of our museums: the Hermitage Museum, the Faberge Museum and the Russian Museum.
Can you describe what your perfect day in St Petersburg would look like?
I might well disappoint you by my saying that my ideal day begins in my fashion house among sketches, fabrics, models and clients’ visits! I would enjoy a leisurely morning, sipping a cup of coffee or hot chocolate, surrounded by flowers on a sunny terrace, listening to the sounds of my favourite music, or to the sound of rain (which happens quite often in our city). I cannot think of my ideal day without talking to my friends and family, face to face or by phone. The best evening of the perfect day to me should be unpredictable, it can be different but it should always be interesting.
With summer approaching, what events in St Petersburg are you most looking forward to?
For sure, the FIFA World Cup 2018, which will happen in June. Although I am not a huge sports fan, I am proud of the fact that our wonderful city will host so many guests and hold an event of international importance.
I recommend guests in the city visit Peterhof, a breathtaking palace and park with more than 200 fountains, just 30 minutes from St Petersburg. Alongside many interesting summer events, I would like to mention St Petersburg International Festival All Together Opera. This annual public event attracts a lot of interest from both locals and visitors to our city.
Additionally, a large-scale gallery of historical and modern costumes will open this summer at the State Hermitage’s Fashion Centre, which is of particular interest to fashion lovers like me.
What are your favourite local places to take friends who are visiting from out of town?
Everyone who lives in St. Petersburg has a special place in the city, to which he or she returns again and again. My favourite places in the city are connected with the Petrogradsky District and I love this area because of its stunning architecture. Not a single element of architecture in this neighbourhood was created accidentally, everything was planned to exist in harmony. Here you can see the works of the best architects, brilliant decorators and artists of Modern style. Art Nouveau is my favourite period not only in architecture but also in fashion, and I find that Modernism resonates with my own beliefs about beauty and harmony. I like to show friends my favourite Art Nouveau places, which have interesting facades with unique ornaments such as openwork balconies, bay windows, stained-glass windows and turrets.
I’d also suggest visiting our beautiful suburbs, such as Tsarskoe Selo, Peterhof, Pavlovsk, and Oranienbaum. I might also take my guests to the shore of the Gulf of Finland, and we would try smelt, the local delicacy, in a coastal restaurant. Certainly, during white nights season, we would use the extra hours of daylight to watch how the bridges go up over the Neva River at night.
Are there any other local designers who’s work you admire?
Yes, of course! I really admire Tatyana Parfionova, Larissa Pogoretskaya, Oleg Biryukov and Lilia Kisselenko.
Can you tell us a secret that most visitors to St Petersburg don’t know?
For me, the creation of St Petersburg is the biggest mystery itself. Our city, like Venice, appeared contrary to common sense. Therefore, the city is full of secrets and mystic insights … and one of many of my secrets is the address of the “right” antique shop in St Petersburg, which I’m happy to share with antiques enthusiasts who visit the city!