At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
Summer marks the arrival of a number of festivals in Budapest – here are the ones to catch
Pretty as the snow may be against the backdrop of Budapest’s iconic architecture, summer isn’t just a welcome arrival here – it’s the unofficial start of party season. As the city slips out of spring and into summer, expect a steady stream of festivities to take over the Hungarian capital. From tipples at the Buda Castle Beer Festival to music at the Sziget Festival, culture at the Danube Carnival to thrills at the Hungarian Grand Prix, these top festivals in Budapest are the best way to profit from the rays and the good vibrations.
What better way to begin the season of summer festivals in Budapest than with a celebration of Hungarian culture? Returning for its 20th year, the Danube Carnival will be held across open-air theatres, public squares, and other venues, and is set to comprise a music gala, carnival gala, a dance caravan and an international folk dance competition.
Though being moved form its usual location at Buda Castle due to renovations, the beer festival is still well worth looking up (for its programme of entertainment as well as local brews). Watch this space for dates and locations…
There’s nothing like the sweet strains of live music to accompany those fresh, summer breezes. If basking in the sunshine listening to classical tunes (or jazz…or electronic…the list goes on…) sounds like your thing, now’s the time to book your ticket to the Budapest Summer Festival. Held across three different open-air venues, it’ll be on for most of the summer season.
In summer the days are longer, which is ideal if you’re planning on enjoying some Wagner – these are marathon performances, after all. Held at the Palace of Arts, Wagner in Budapest will feature the complete Ring Cycle, as well as the composer’s lesser-known work, The Flying Dutchman.
What, exactly, are the essentials of Budapest? If you go by the festival’s definition, they’d be live music performances from international stars the likes of Katy B and La Roux, discounted meals at some of the city’s trendiest eateries, a gallery and cultural centre, and other extras. Sounds good to us.
It isn’t summer in Budapest without daredevil pilots hurtling through the air above the Danube, as we always say. Luckily the popular Red Bull Air Race World Series will return to the city this year, back for the first time since 2009. Historically one of the most popular festivals in Budapest, the crowds are sure to flock to the riverbanks – over 650,000 people witnessed the last air race.
If you’re the type who finds nothing as heart-stoppingly thrilling as the sound of dozens of engines gunning in unison, then there’s nowhere better to be than Budapest at the end of July, when the Hungarian Grand Prix comes to town. One of the highlight races in the annual F1 calendar, it’ll give locals the chance to see racing world greats compete live.
The proliferation of summer festivals in Budapest means there’s live music on tap all season long. One of the top draws for audiophiles, both local and visiting, is the Sziget Festival, which can rightly be considered Europe’s answer to Coachella thanks to its top-billed acts, upbeat crowds, artistic side programming and relentlessly bohemian vibe.
A fitting way to wind down the summer festivals in Budapest? With a glass in hand, naturally. At the Budapest International Wine Festival, guests flock to Buda Castle for sipping, sampling, dining, and a bit of general bacchanalia. Autumn may be on its way, but it’s easy to forget when the Pinot Noir is flowing. A wine auction, live performances, and gastronomy will round out the offerings.