At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
In the atmospheric season of winter, where better to warm up than these welcoming bars in London with crackling fires
The British certainly know how to do a good fireplace. Whether in pubs, restaurants or bars in London, crackling fires keep punters toes’ warm – and provide the perfect ambiance for a mug or few of mulled wine. Whether you opt for historic pubs like The Spaniards Inn, The Bull and Last or The Star Tavern, or one of the more sophisticated cocktail bars in London, there are plenty of fireplaces to choose from in this town. Let’s just say the city’s had a lot of practice in keeping the cold away.
Fancy snuggling up under a cosy blanket by a roaring fire while star gazing in the centre of London? Well, throw in a cocktail or two and we have a winner. Guests need only amble downstairs to the elegant Garden Lounge, gather a throw about them and sip on a warming winter cocktail. There’s hardly a better seat in the house than the two sofas just next to the fire… well, apart from the two sofas in front of the other fire at the opposite end of the lounge!
Another vestige of London past, The Princess Victoria pub in West London has a history that dates back to the early 19th century and once operated as a Victorian gin palace. These days, it’s still a Victorian-styled gin bar, and two handsome, marble fireplaces with crackling fires keep customers warm like it’s 1829.
How did literary legends like Dickens and Keats keep the cold away during the winter months? Visitors can find out if they stop by The Spaniards Inn, a Hampstead pub on the edge of the Heath that was once frequented by both scribes – and which has been a local legend for the last 400-odd years. There’s a cosy fireplace in its midst, and plenty of nooks and crannies to hide away in.
The Star Tavern is known far and wide for being the pub in which the Great Train Robbery of 1963 was planned, but Belgravia residents know it as a cosy little local. Settle in with a flagon of sloe gin or a dram of whisky next to the crackling fire.
Merchants Tavern is not only a superb restaurant but also one of the best bars in London for expertly mixed cocktails. Brick walls and dark wood channel a midcentury vibe, while braised meat and roasted veg are upscale yet still wonderfully hearty. Settle in by the corner fireplace – both warming and the source of fragrant waftings of kindling wood.
Known for attracting Soho’s dandies for the last 80 years, Quo Vadis has long been a staple of London culinary culture, an old reliable that serves bubbly atmosphere and sophisticated eats that aren’t beholden to temporal trends. Further embellishing its ambiance is the cheeky member’s area upstairs. With a pool table, a piano, and yes, a roaring fireplace, this is certainly one of the best bars in London to warm up in.
Its unusual name comes from the fact that this pub was the last stop in London for those bringing cattle to and from market, but these days The Bull and Last is frequented less by herders and more by food and drinks lovers. The seasonal menu beckons, the quirky interior (complete with plenty of taxidermied creatures) entertains, and the fireplace does its job with aplomb.
Often labelled as London’s most romantic restaurant, Clos Maggiore is accessible to all, whether it’s romantic heat or physical heat that you’re after. Garlands, flickering candles, and fine French fare take care of the former; looking after the latter is a log-fed fire. Adjacent seats are coveted turf – book in advance for the best chance of scoring a fireside table.
In the summer, The Albion attracts punters with its extensive, wisteria-filled garden – but this pub isn’t just a fair-weather friend. In winter, it’s the interior that beckons, and what a beaut it is: wood floors, chandeliers, and a deliciously warming log fireplace.
Though it’s perhaps best known for being London’s oldest restaurant – having opened in 1798, it’s seen everyone from Charles Dickens to Clark Gable come through its doors – Rules isn’t solely favoured by history buffs. Plush booths and carpeting, low lighting, and naturally, a fireplace, make for a most winter-friendly milieu. There are even a couple of seats to perch on near the fire, should your backside need defrosting.