At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
Discover this sun-drenched island by sea with the best boat trips in Malta
You haven’t seen Malta until you’ve seen it by sea. Though its ancient sites and gorgeous scenery certainly deserve your attention, the country also happens to host some of the Mediterranean’s most beautiful caves, bays, lagoons, and beaches. Luckily, there’s no shortage of boat trips in Malta for those whose yen for exploration skews to the maritime. boat trips in MaltaFrom a Grand Harbour cruise to the lofty Dingli Cliffs to the vibrant Marsaxlokk Fish Market, these destinations are best approached on water (just be sure to disembark for a paddle when you can – no one wants sea legs).
You can begin your aquatic adventures with the help of the Corinthia Hotel St. George’s Bay – after all, the hotel hosts its own yacht charter, self-drive speed boats, and other private rentals. Otherwise, a number of other boat tours ferry visitors in everything from speedboats to old-fashioned schooners – even traditional luzzi (Maltese fishing boats). The bulk of boat trips in Malta disembark from Sliema Port, so you’ll also be perfectly situated to dive in – figuratively, at least.
The ferry that journeys from the island of Malta to its next-door neighbour, Gozo (the two are but 20-minutes apart) is certainly among the most popular boat trips in Malta. But don’t stop there – be sure to tack on a visit to miniscule Comino Island, the third largest island in the archipelago and host to the exquisite Blue Lagoon (that name is no understatement). Follow the locals onto the ferry, then, or, for a more majestic impact, hop aboard a luxurious schooner.
Declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1980, Malta’s capital city of Valletta is framed by forts, its skyline punctured by picturesque domes and spires, its golden hue especially tawny under the Mediterranean sun. After you’ve wandered its alleys on foot, you can add another dimension to your sightseeing with a boat tour of the striking Grand Harbour. You’ll also be rewarded with views of ‘The Three Cities’ – Cospicua, Vittoriosa, and Senglea.
The most famous fishing village in all of Malta? It’s only logical to explore Marsaxlokk by boat. Known for its rainbow-hued fishing boats and its bounteous harvest of Mediterranean seafood, the village is especially lively on Sundays, when the weekly Marsaxlokk fish market is held. Hop into a traditional luzzu and dive into the fray.
After the best boat trips in Malta? It’d be hard to argue with an itinerary that, well, goes all around Malta. Spend a day circumventing the petite isle and you’ll find yourself floating past the country’s best-known landmarks, from Anchor Bay to St. Paul’s Island (where the eponymous saint was shipwrecked nearly 2,000 years ago), from Valletta to Marsaxlokk, plus a mid-trip stop-off at the Blue Lagoon. If all that exploring tuckers you out, feel free to snooze in the sun.
Like the White Cliffs of Dover with a tan, Malta’s famous Dingli Cliffs, the highest point on the island, consist of a 250-metre sheer drop down to the azure waves below. While ramblers up top can benefit from the vantage point, it’s hard to appreciate the true splendour of the cliffs unless you’re gawping up at them from the waters below. A number of boat tours wend their way past this Maltese landmark, while charters offer another chance to see them up close.