At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
Whether medieval or monastic, there are many ancient and equally legendary beer halls to ‘Czech’ out in Prague, so why not quench your thirst in one of the best
For the seasoned beer lover, there’s nothing quite like an authentic draught of Pilsner in one of the traditional beer halls in Prague. Hundreds of years of monastic brewing are contained within these hallowed halls, where dark wooden benches and flagstone floors meet a generous selection of beers. And that’s not to mention the dumplings and goulash, among other heartening home cooked fare.
Widely touted as the crème de la crème of beer halls in Prague, this place is an institution. Established more than 550 years ago, U Medvidku is steeped in tradition and serves a legendary bittersweet dark lager that’s commonly regarded as the strongest beer in the Czech Republic at 11.8%. The food, served on long communal tables, is old-school Czech with local specialties including gluttonous roast beef and dumplings in sour cream.
You should expect all the traditional trimmings at one of the most beloved beer halls in Prague. U Fleků has been brewing continuously for more than 500 years, which is reflected in its elaborate interior of medieval arches, stained glass and dark wooden furniture. Lashings of beer accompany a robust menu of Czech staples, including sauerkraut, stews, and hearty dumplings.
Located in an historic quarter of Prague, close to the Old Town Square, U Tří Růží is an expertly restored traditional Czech brewery, dating from 1405. Locals congregate in these hallowed halls to taste more than 600 years of brewing history through a generous selection of beers. Don’t leave before you’ve sampled one of the Monastic variety for which this place is famous.
U Dvou Koček, the no-frills locals’ favourite, is one of the best laidback beer halls in Prague. Established in 1678, this unassuming venue is famed for the high quality and purity of its beer. The menu is filled with authentic Czech dishes, including smoked meat, spicy sausage, and wild boar goulash and dumplings.
Nothing short of a mainstay in the medieval quarter of Prague, U Glaubicu is located near to the Charles Bridge. With a 700-year-old cellar, this historic beer hall owes its success to the winning combination of affordable pints, a convivial atmosphere, and generous portions of goulash.
A little different from the more traditional beer halls in Prague, Klasterni is home to the Strahov Monastic Brewery, who has been brewing beer since the mid-12th century. Located at the top of the hill beside Prague Castle and the Strahov Monastery, the commanding views over the city are worth the exertion of the climb. They’ve also jumped on the craft beer bandwagon and have recently started brewing an IPA.