At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
Seeing these leading Russian ballet dancers perform in St Petersburg is an experience you’ll never forget
An incredibly elegant discipline, traditional Russian ballet is not only beautiful to behold but exceptionally challenging to master, taking jaw-dropping strength, agility and grace. St Petersburg is the country’s capital of ballet, home to many of the 21st century’s most celebrated ballerinas. From Ulyana Lopatkina and Alina Somova at Mariinsky Theatre to Irina Kolesnikova at St Petersburg Ballet Theatre, we take a look at the city’s most talented Russian ballet dancers, and where to watch them in 2017.
Ulyana Lopatkina is widely considered one of the greatest Russian ballet dancers of the 21st century. The breathtakingly talented Kerch-born dancer developed her skills at St Petersburg’s premier ballet school, Vaganova Ballet Academy, which has trained many of the greatest dancers of all time, including Anna Pavlova and Galina Ulanova. After graduating, Lopatkina joined Mariinsky Ballet, where she made one of the most impressive debuts in Russian history as Odette and Odile in Swan Lake. She went on to dazzle the world with her incredible technique, perfect shapes and instinctive style. Her enviable repertoire of classic and dramatic roles has won her many accolades, from the ‘People’s Artist of Russia’ to the ‘Prize of Russia’. Visitors can watch Lopatkina perform with the Mariinsky Ballet, where she’s one of the top prima ballerinas.
Another graduate of the Vaganova Ballet Academy is Alina Somova, a St Petersburg-born ballerina whose style is so eye-catching it was once deemed controversial. Since 2008, Somova has held the prestigious title of principal dancer at the Mariinksy Ballet, the highest rank within a ballet company. She’s played leading roles in many ballets both at home and abroad, gracing the stages of the world’s greatest theatres. In 2013, Somova was awarded the highly-coveted ‘Golden Mask’ for her portrayal of the Tsar Maiden in The Little Humpbacked Horse, and praised for her incredible flexibility, which sees her over-extending even vertical moves.
St Petersburg has a reputation for giving birth to world-class ballerinas, as demonstrated by the sheer number of stars who’ve come from the city. One local name worth looking out for is Irina Kolesnikova, who’s been creating waves on the international ballet scene since her debut. At the young age of 21, she was named Prima Ballerina of the St Petersburg Ballet Theatre, where she’d been dancing as a soloist after graduating from the Vaganova Ballet Academy. She’s played leads in a wide range of classic and romantic ballets, such as Clara in Nutcracker, Princess Aurora in The Sleeping Beauty and Odette and Odile in Swan Lake – a life-changing role that cemented her reputation as one of Russia’s greatest modern-day ballerinas. Kolesnikova continues to dance at home in St Petersburg and around the world – if she’s in town, watching her dance is an unmissable experience.
Ever since she started dancing at the age of six, it was clear Diana Vishneva was going to be special. Born, raised and trained in St Petersburg (at Vaganova Ballet Academy and the Academy of Russian Ballet), Vishneva has long impressed with her emotive style. While just a girl, she claimed her first prize at the city’s International Young Ballet Dancers’ Competition, winning both the Gold and the Grand Prix – an unheard of feat that has yet to be repeated. Now a leading Russian star dancing with both the Mariinsky Ballet and the American Ballet Theatre, she continues to rake in the awards, including the ‘People’s Artist of Russia’, the highest award for outstanding performing artists in the country. Vishneva performs at prestigious ballet theatres around the world and, if you’re lucky, you may catch her back at her original training ground, Mariinksy Theatre.