At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
Discover the best spring events in London, from the Chelsea Flower Show to the London Marathon
When the clouds of winter break and the parks begin to bloom, London is at its most beautiful. It’s no surprise then, that spring is such an important time in the capital’s cultural calendar. Whether you’re interested in local arts events like London Craft Week, cultural traditions like St Patrick’s Day Parade, gastronomic occasions like London Wine Week, or international exhibitions like the Chelsea Flower Show, the city offers plenty of opportunity to explore your greatest passions, or develop a new one. Take a look at our guide to the best events in London this spring.
London Craft week returns for 2019, bringing a host of events and new skills to the city. It celebrates crafts, bringing together the best and brightest talents from across the UK for a series of exhibits. Discover hidden exhibitions and workshops with master makers, plus it’s a great place to pick up a bespoke souvenir or two.
8th – 12th May 2019
The Irish sure know how to have a good time, and with London’s large Irish community, the St Patrick’s Day Parade is a big deal. Follow the leprechauns over the rainbow and you’ll find a huge street party at Trafalgar Square. Watch floats, bands and pageantry or head to the square for live Irish music, dancing and entertainment. Don’t forget to wear green.
15th – 17th March 2019
Rowing is one of England’s most prestigious sports, and spring offers ideal rowing conditions. A number of popular races take place around the same time each year, including the Head of the River Race on the, during which 400 crews from around the world compete on the River Thames. Also, the BNY Mellon Boat Race and Newton Women’s Boat Race see the best teams from competing Oxford and Cambridge universities battle it out on the water.
Head of the River Race 30th March 2019
BNY Mellon Boat Race and Newton Women’s Boat Race 7th April 2019
Whether you’re a supporter or participant, the Virgin Money London Marathon is an exciting experience. Line the route, which runs alongside many of London’s most historic sights, and cheer on world-famous runners or support those raising money for a good cause. If you’d like to get involved, there’s still time to sign up by contacting a participating charity.
28th April 2019
One of London’s most eccentric annual events, the Covent Garden May Faye and Puppet Festival, is a celebration of old-fashioned, family-friendly British entertainment. Step back in time as puppeteers from across the country descend on the capital to put on Punch and Judy-style puppet shows at The Actors’ Church. There’s also a brass band parade, maypole dancing and live folk music.
13th May 2019
Following swiftly on from London Beer Festival in February, this festival celebrates the capital’s flourishing wine scene. Over 100 bars and winemakers come together for a seven-day event dedicated to our favourite wines. Register for a wristband online and get access to special events, exclusive tastings and discount offers.
13th – 19th May 2019
The gardening equivalent of London Fashion Week, Chelsea Flower Show showcases the latest trends in horticulture through show-stopping displays in the grounds of the Royal Hospital Chelsea. As well as touring the beautiful garden arrangements, don’t miss the stunning floral competition in the Great Pavilion. The event is incredibly popular so make sure to book tickets well in advance.
21st – 25th May 2019
A centuries-old tradition dating back to the 16th century, the State Opening of Parliament is perhaps the best opportunity to get a sneak peak into the British monarchy. Thousands line the streets as the Queen and Duke of Edinburgh make their way in the royal coach from Buckingham Palace to the Houses of Parliament, where the Head of State delivers an anticipated speech.
May 2019 (date to be announced)