At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
St Petersburg Fashion Week, an international ballet festival and an entire festival dedicated to fountains, experience the best events in St Petersburg this spring
As the winter snow melts and temperatures finally rise above freezing, St Petersburg emerges with newfound energy and optimism each spring. Residents surface from their seasonal hibernations and outdoor venues take down their shutters, casting a celebratory air over the city. Festivals and cultural events take place almost every week, featuring everything from St Petersburg Fashion Week and the International Ballet Festival to the highly anticipated Festival of Fountains. If you’re visiting the city this season, get in on the action with our guide to the best spring events in St Petersburg.
St Petersburg steps into the new season with a special festival dedicated to its most famous performance art, ballet. Major stars of the international ballet scene are set to perform on stage at Mariinsky Theatre alongside revered Russian talent for the 17th installment of the International Ballet Festival.
A pivotal event for trend-conscious visitors, St Petersburg Fashion Week showcases the designs of established and up-and-coming designers from across the city, country and beyond. Grab a seat on the front row and watch as models sashay down the Alexandrinsky Theatre catwalk, clad in upcoming trends.
One of the city’s quirkiest events, the Festival of Smelt celebrates the arrival of smelt season in Russia. Why this modest silvery fish has amassed such a following is uncertain, but regardless, this is the perfect time to try traditional smelt dishes across the city. The official smelt festival is held at the Lenexpo Exhibition Complex, where chefs and gourmands offer up their favourite regional recipes.
Elagin Park is known for its tulips and each May it celebrates these colourful blooms with a dedicated Tulip Festival. Visitors to the picturesque grounds can discover over 90,000 tulips of around 90 varieties, including nominees for ‘best bloom’ – a heated competition between local florists.
The annual Night of Museums sees galleries across the globe open overnight for one evening only. A great opportunity to see some of your favourite museums in a different light (and away from the crowds), more than 100 major venues across St Petersburg will be participating this year.
19th – 20th May 2018
The fountains of Peterhof are some of St Petersburg’s most famous attractions. When they’re officially re-opened in May, there’s an opening ceremony called Festival of Fountains where hundreds of people gather to watch each go ‘live’ to timed music and special effects.
The International Stars of the White Nights Festival is one of Russia’s premier classical music events, taking place at Marrinsky Theatre and other major theatres and outdoor stages across the city. Over a 10-week period, visitors can enjoy a programme of performances by many of the world’s best classical performers. If you’re passionate about music, this is one of the best spring events in St Petersburg to attend.
An annual tradition since 1986, City Day celebrates the wonderful destination of St Petersburg and brings spring to a close in dramatic fashion. Soak up the atmosphere at concerts across the city, or join the crowds lining the streets to watch the colourful carnival parade, before a huge fireworks display at the Neva River bank lights up the night sky.