At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
From religious festas to international rock bands, these are the best summer festivals in Lisbon
When summer comes around, Lisbon pulls on its most colourful party clothes. From the religious Festas de Lisboa and their quirky customs to the electrified atmosphere at NOS Alive and Jazz Em Agosto, the festivities will keep the most dedicated of partygoers occupied until well after dawn. Take a look at our guide to the best summer festivals in Lisbon, from sardines to soul music and Fado to fireworks.
A month-long series of street parties and parades, the Festas de Lisboa signal the start of the summer festivals in Lisbon. Quiet, historic neighbourhoods across the capital shed their sleepy façade for an energetic, upbeat vibe, with live music, dancing and celebrations stretching well into the early hours. The festivities reach their pinnacle on the eve of St. Anthony’s Day, which takes place on 13th June. Every corner of the city comes to life with colourful decorations and celebrations that spill out onto the streets, but the best parties can be found in Alfama and Mouraria – the special sunset parade along the Avenida da Liberdade is one of the highlights of the Festas de Lisboa. On St. Anthony’s Day itself, many roads are closed and the city fills with the aromas of grilled sardines – which are traditionally eaten as part of the festivities – and the sound of Fado music drifts from almost every doorway. Lisbon’s patron saint also presides over matchmaking, so many of the city’s young hopefuls take the opportunity to pray for a partner – a practice which must work, given the mass marriages (dubbed “St Anthony’s Weddings) which take place in the wake of the festivities.
One of the most popular summer festivals in Lisbon for fans of classical music, the Estoril Music Festival (otherwise known as Semanas de Música do Estoril) traditionally takes place in July and is the product of three separate music festivals, brought together to form one all-encompassing classical music extravaganza. With all manner of musical ensembles taking part (from chamber choirs to symphony orchestras), and a long list of international and local performers gracing the stage in various venues across the city, this is a must-see for visiting music enthusiasts.
A far cry from the muddy festivals of England, Lisbon’s NOS Alive (formerly Optimus Alive), offers three days of top musical talent, just 10 minutes from Lisbon city centre. Taking place in July, festivalgoers will trade their wellies for sandals and speed over to Portugal for one of the most exciting contemporary music festivals Europe has to offer. From electro and house to rock and soul music, NOS Alive has hosted everyone from Blondie to Bob Dylan.
Taking over the gardens of the Gulbenkian for ten days (1st – 11th August 2019), Jazz Em Agosto has played host to internationally renowned jazz musicians since 1984. Widely regarded as one of the best outdoor music festivals in Lisbon, both established and up-and-coming new talent is represented, with saxophonist Mats Gustafsson a particular focus of this year’s programming. Jazz Em Agosto is an essential highlight of the Lisbon summer season.