At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
From crumbing cellars to ancient drinking dens, these are the best historic bars in Malta
From ancient forts and crumbling castles to hidden passageways and narrow cobbled streets, Malta’s not exactly short of picturesque locations in which to sip some of the island’s best local wine. But if you really want to get a feel for Malta, seek out a bar with a bit of history. From centuries-old cellar bars like Trabuxu and Del Borgo to Għargħur’s Cent’Anni and even Rampila Restaurant, set in an underground tunnel in Valletta, there are plenty of wonderful, historic bars in Malta to choose from.
With a population of less than 3,000, the petite town of Għargħur is one of the oldest on the island, and unsurprisingly, home to some of the most traditional bars in Malta. Hidden down a back street in the centre of town is Cent’Anni, a relaxed wine bar that specialises in Italian-inspired cold cuts and Maltese wine. With parts of the original décor intact (including mosaic floors and antique furnishings) this is a great place to while away an evening.
Located in a former palace in the historic town of Birgu, (an area once popular with the Knights of St. John), Del Borgo is among the most atmospheric bars in Malta. Make your way down into the medieval cellar bar and you’ll find a concise menu of Maltese delicacies such as ravioli stuffed with local Ġbejniet cheese and Hobza Mimlija Maltija (battered cod fritters), alongside a variety of local and international wine.
Built by Admiral Georgio Carafa (Admiral of the Fleet and Grand Master of the Hospitaller Order of St John of Jerusalem, Rhodes and Malta), Omerta’ Trattoria & Winebar occupies what was once the cellar in a 15th century building on Valletta’s Bakery Street – no prizes for guessing what was sold here. Now one of the most popular bars in Malta, the admiral’s former residence today serves a great selection of Maltese wine and traditional dishes.
Housed within the ruins of an ancient battery built back when the Knights of St. John were still strutting around the island, wine bars don’t come much more historic than Ferretti. One of Malta’s more stylish nightspots, guests can enjoys their drinks on the outdoor terrace overlooking a moat, or move inside into contemporary interiors. The cellar offers an eclectic selection of vintages, both from Malta and abroad, while the kitchen serves up classic Mediterranean fare.
Built by the Knights of St. John in the 16th century, Rampila Restaurant is set within the original defence bastions of Valletta, in a tunnel dating back to 1570. Wander down the stone stairs from the street and you’ll find yourself in an intimate domed dining room, and just off of this, a smaller bar stacked to the ceiling with fine wines. Through a glass panel in the floor you can see down into the wine cellar, carved straight out of the rock, but it’s probably easier to pick your poison from the carefully curated wine list.
Located in the former red light district of Valletta, Trabuxu Wine Bar sits within a 400-year old historic cellar on Strait Street (otherwise know as “The Gut”). A popular post-theatre venue, the bar serves a selection of local wines and sharing platters and hosts regular wine tasting and live music events. Having changed very little in the last few centuries, Trabuxu Wine Bar certainly qualifies as one of the most authentic bars in Malta.