At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
Ticking off sightseeing and step count in one, explore the city on the run
With Buda’s scenic slopes on one side, the bohemian streets of Pest on the other, and plenty of thermal baths in which to decompress, running is a rewarding way to explore the city. Our pick of Budapest’s best running routes range between 4-5km – and include the Hungarian capital’s most iconic sights along the way.
Northeast of Corinthia Budapest, City Park is a beautiful stretch of flat, leafy terrain that’s threaded with shaded trails and leafy walkways. From its main entrance, marked by the imposing thrust of the World Heritage Heroes’ Square, circumnavigate the park’s perimeter in just over 4km, or pick a shorter route and cut directly across it. The steamy waters of Széchenyi Thermal Bath are also located in the park, making the perfect finish line so you can embark on a well-earned, post-run soak.
Further south is Orczy Garden, where a duck-filled pond is skirted by a dedicated running track that weaves through a pretty woodland. It’s only a short five-minute jog from here to Füvészkert Botanical Gardens, a must in spring for its blooming cherry blossoms and magnolias, and in summer for its broad leafy canopies. Combine the two parks to clock up an easy 4km.
For a breath of fresh air away from the city’s bustle, Normafa in the Buda Hills has plenty of natural trails to choose from. One of them runs up János Hill, the tallest of the peaks. It might require a little more exertion than most, but all efforts are rewarded with phenomenal views across Budapest from the historic Erzsébet Lookout at the top, and a round trip adds up to 5km.
For something a little less hilly but equally picturesque, the paths around Kopaszi Dam are accompanied by idyllic views across the river. The flat routes are understandably popular among Budapest’s running clubs – tag along with one, or, beat the throngs and arrive as the sun rises to appreciate the area’s utter tranquillity.
For an easy running route that takes in Budapest’s iconic sights, head for the banks of its defining river, the Danube. Start at the impressive edifice of the Hungarian Parliament Building and follow the bank to cross the river at Chain Bridge, admiring the view out across the twin cities of Buda and Pest as you go. Pound the pavement up to Fisherman’s Bastion for spectacular views, and, to tot up the step count, head into the Castle district and loop back down to cross the Danube again at Elizabeth Bridge.
Appreciate the Danube from a different perspective on Margaret Island in the centre of the river. Encircling the island is a 5km track with a rubber surface, which makes it a popular choice among Budapest’s runners. Shaded beneath huge trees, it’s a rewarding way to break a sweat while admiring some spectacular views across the river.