At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
Heroes and hi-octane drama – witness a true collision of culture and sport at one of the best events in Budapest
In years gone by, the people of Hungary were renowned for their equestrian expertise. The magnificent landmark statue in Heroes’ Square commemorates the ancient Magyar tribes, where seven victorious chieftains sit proudly on horseback overlooking their beloved capital Budapest.
An annual sporting event since 2008, the National Gallop was designed around this central monument in honour of the nation’s cultural heritage. One of the best events in Budapest, this year marks the seventh anniversary, when hundreds of thousands of spectators are expected to flood the arena during the three-day competition. Individual events include ceremonial parades featuring horse riders on bareback, celebratory war games, and riding schools where spectators can get back in the saddle. But the highlight of this festival is the races, where thousands of Euro in cash prizes are waiting to be won. Dare we say it? Ascot’s got nothing on this.
With the dates already confirmed for 16-18th September 2016, anticipation is building for this major cultural and sporting event. Heroes’ Square is positioned right at the heart of Budapest, between the grand culmination of Andrássy Avenue, the Kunsthalle, and the Museum of Fine Arts. Each year the central square is covered with thousands of tonnes of sand, and transformed from a prominent landmark into a great imperial arena, framed by the neoclassical museums on either side.
Day One is heralded with the arrival of spectators, and the inaugural Kitchen of Hungary: a bustling marketplace of food tents serving traditional Hungarian dishes. Feast on generous plates of goulash and homemade dumplings, washed down with a glass of speciality Bull’s Blood or sweet Tokaji wine. Still hungary? No problem – the hospitable kitchen remains open the following afternoon and the next, to keep the spectators and competitors happy.
Day Two and the competitors begin their practice, with individuals warming up for the main event. The opening ceremony proceeds with all the usual pomp along Andrássy Avenue, and the crowds gather to watch the spectacle. The afternoon is occupied by various qualifying rounds, punctuated by a carriage gallop, celebrity charity race, and a competition of show jumping with prizes.
Day Three arrives and the competition begins to hot up, but everything is still to play for. Events become accelerated, with the handicapped riders’ presentation and competition, the foal championship, and the semi finals of the National Gallop and National Race all checked off before lunch. In the afternoon, the award ceremonies and final races begin, interspersed with entertaining performances from the lady riders and the horseback archers of Lajos Kassai. The grand finale event at the close of this long weekend is the display of the free-running mares, where a majestic team of horses run wild and free around the imperial racecourse.
Whether you’re in it for the equestrian sportsmanship or three days of festival fun, the National Gallop is undoubtedly one of the best cultural events in the city – stay with Corinthia Hotel Budapest and discover why.