At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
A spectator’s guide to the Rolex Middle Sea Race, from course outline to details of the pre-race crew party
On your marks and get set for the Rolex Middle Sea Race: an adventure so legendary, it’s almost Odyssean. The 17th October 2015 will mark the start of the 36th annual race organised by the Royal Malta Yacht Club, where persistence is rewarded by one of the most beautiful courses in the world. The 606 nautical mile route begins and ends in Malta, looping round the islands of Sicily and Lampedusa in an anticlockwise direction. For anyone who enjoys competitive yachting, this race is an absolute must.
But let’s not forget that yachting is a spectator’s sport – and spectators love to party. The Rolex Middle Sea Race attracts a disproportionate ratio of spectators to yachtsmen every year, with thousands of people flooding in from around the world. Join the pre-race revelry at the RMSR 2015 Crew Party on October 15th & 16th where hundreds of sailors will steel their nerve a week before the event.
Drawing its official start line in the Grand Harbour of Malta, the Rolex Middle Sea Race begins between the Saluting Battery and Fort St Angelo. Skimming around Sicily’s eastern coast to begin with, the convoy of yachts pass the imposing image of Mount Etna as it looms on the horizon – an active volcano and designated UNESCO World Heritage Site. Not long after comes the famous Strait of Messina, where the tip of the island kisses the toe of Italy.
Competitors will have to be especially careful here to avoid the whirlpool at the northern end of the strait, from which derives the famous expression of between Scylla and Charybdis, or between a rock and a hard place.
Having left the seamonsters and grumbling wrath of Etna behind, the intrepid yachtsmen will soon find themselves in the dangerous territory of Stromboli. This small island off the north coast of Sicily is home to yet another active volcano, whose unremitting fury has been in near-continuous eruption for the past 2000 years. Energetic bursts from the summit may contain ash, lava fragments, or stone blocks, which can reach up to hundreds of meters in height. Stromboli rarely interferes with the course of the Rolex Middle Sea Race – but nevertheless, it puts on a good show.
As they begin to circumvent the entire northern coast of Sicily, the competitors will pass through the magnificent cluster of Egadi Islands, which are nothing short of paradisal. This little-known archipelago remains virtually unspoiled, as wild rocky beaches crumble into coves of cobalt blue. Not far beyond this is the verdant island of Pantelleria, which the race route skirts around: navigating a 30-mile distance of open sea between here and mainland Africa.
The final significant landmark on the Rolex Middle Sea Race is Lampedusa, the largest of the Pelagie Islands. Boasting beautiful coves of soft sand and crystalline waters, this is Italy’s southernmost territory and perhaps its most spectacular. After racing around Lampedusa, the competing yachtsmen cut through the strait between mainland Malta and Gozo, and draw into the finish line at the Royal Malta Yacht Club to receive a hero’s welcome.
Who will claim line honours in 2015? Watch this space.