At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
The best places to discover Russia’s national drink
Is any country more defined by its national beverage than Russia? Sure, the Czechs have Pilsner and the French their red wine, but in Russia, vodka isn’t just king – it’s Tsar of the country’s drinking scene. The name itself comes from the Russian word “voda,” or “water” – if that tells you anything about how life-sustaining the spirit is. Rumour has it that locals have been quaffing the stuff since roughly the 9th century – for a time, it was even considered medicinal.
These days, few would argue with the continuing predominance of vodka in Russia, and many still enjoy vodka tastings in the traditional way – gulped as ice-cold shots, with caviar-topped blini on the side. But vodka has also grown up: across St Petersburg many of the most in-demand cocktail bars are finding new ways to (literally) shake up the spirit of choice. From the stylish St Petersburg vodka bar scene to the dedicated Vodka Museum, this is our ultimate St Petersburg vodka tour.
Any good tour of St Petersburg vodka will kick off from the Russian Vodka Room No. 1 and the Vodka Museum. Take note: the name is something of a misnomer – this museum is far from extensive, but after browsing the small collection of artefacts, this will hardly matter. Sign up for a tour, and you’ll find yourself faced with a few snifters of the spirit, alongside a sampling of traditional Russian snacks. See if you can taste the differences amongst the distillations – or simply enjoy yourself before sopping it all up with some hearty, old school grub at the adjacent restaurant.
Post-tasting session, head straight to the source by seeking out some locally made St Petersburg vodka. Since 2006, Russian Standard’s expansive distillery has served as a sentinel perched on the edge of the city, and the shiny, even futuristic facilities churn out a staggering four million cases per year. The distillery famously claims to produce its vodka according to chemist Mendeleev’s standards (he championed a 40:60 ratio of vodka to water in order to make a well-balanced spirit), and uses wheat from the Russian steppes and water from the nearby, glacial Lake Ladoga when crafting its bottles. Play your cards right and you may just get a peek inside.
Ordering your vodka neat can be the best way to taste the subtleties of each distillation. But then again, no vodka tour would be complete without stopping by a St Petersburg vodka bar, or few. Technically a café and club as well as a cocktail den, trendy Dom Byta fills its drinks menu with local, Russian ingredients. Start with a Berezki, which features vodka alongside aloe honey, cucumber, rosemary, birch syrup, and blueberry, or the Forrest Gump, which pairs vodka with sorrel, honey, and raspberry.
Favoured among the city’s young and stylish set, Mishka Bar is also (in)famous for its custom vodka shots. And the true cocktail purists should add Zing Bar to their list, as the bar specialises in classic cocktails – and reputedly refuses to serve Coca-Cola, Piña Coladas, B-52s, or drinks set on fire. We’d tuck into a Moscow Mule instead (even if this is St Petersburg).
In shots or craft cocktails, in special vodka tastings or straight from a (very chilled) bottle – it’s hard to do vodka wrong here. But there is the distinct possibility of enjoying yourself just a bit more than recommended. In which case, the city’s traditional Russian eateries will be just the ticket (there’s nothing quite as restorative as a steaming bowl of borscht). Try the kitschy Podvorye, which, while themed like a wintry Russian cabin, offers warmly satisfying fare. Not to mention a list of 16 traditional infused vodkas, from gently rosehip and juniper to caraway and horseradish…for the hardy among us.