At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
From wine and palaces to Portugal’s best beaches, our itineraries bring out the best in the region
Awash with historic architecture and so many foodie haunts, there’s little reason to leave Lisbon. Yet there is a wealth of stunning natural landscapes and extraordinary architecture beyond the capital. Whether it’s sandy white beaches, extraordinary ancient palaces or some very fine wine, our day trips from Lisbon bring out the best in the region.
Perched on the Atlantic Ocean, Portugal is blessed with endless stretches of prime shoreline, and Lisbon is within a stone’s throw of some of the finest beaches in the country. Half an hour from the city centre is the cheery stretch of Praia de Carcavelos. Come summer, these golden sands teem with families, volleyball players and surfers alongside a flock of serious sunbathers.
Those in search of more tranquil shores should venture further afield. An hour’s drive south from Lisbon, Portinho da Arrábida fringes the Serra da Arrábida Natural Park, and is quietly hailed as the prettiest beach in Portugal. With its shock of chalky sand dividing the electric blue waters from the park’s verdant hills, it’s easy to see why. Follow the coast a little further to Galapos Beach, where more spectacular scenery awaits. For a break from the beach, the historic city of Setúbal bristles with laid-back bars serving freshly grilled sardines and fortified Moscatel wine. Sleep it off on the nearby sprawl of Figueirinha Beach before heading back.
Portugal has emerged from its chequered past with a staggering wealth of historic architecture. A tour of the area’s monuments, castles and palaces makes a rewarding day trip from Lisbon. Start with the eclectic fairy-tale turrets of Pena Palace. Piercing the sky from its rocky outcrop in the Sintra Hills, it’s a dazzling explosion of colour and grandeur with spectacular panoramas from the castle’s terraces.
The nearby Quinta da Regaleira in Sintra is of similar extravagance, skirted by beautiful gardens – the mansion’s highlight – that are peppered with sculptures, fountains, grottoes and secret subterranean passages. The 19th-century Monserrate Palace, a 10-minute drive away, is similarly magnificent.
At the other end of the spectrum is the humble Convento dos Capuchos. Duck into this ancient Franciscan monastery’s cells to discover atmospheric cork-clad interiors in the heart of dense forest. End the excursion in Sintra with a steaming pingado and pastel de nata before heading back.
While Portugal’s main wine region is the verdant Douro Valley in the north, there are plenty of bijou vineyards and bodegas to discover on a day trip from Lisbon. The smallest wine-producing area in Portugal is Colares, curled modestly between Sintra and the coast. Explore its 50-or-so acres, ducking into grand old wine estates to sample generously aged Ramisco.
One of the oldest wineries in the area is Quinta do Gradil, an hour from Lisbon. As well as offering cycle tours through the vineyards, the chef prepares exquisite menus paired with the estate’s prize vintages and served with soaring views across the vineyards. Swing by Quinta dos Loridos before heading back. Also known as Buddha Eden, it’s sprinkled with enormous Buddha statues, making it one of the world’s more original wine estates.