At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
Russia has a habit of rewarding the adventurous. When you escape St Petersburg for the day, these are some of the best destinations to visit
Scattered around St Petersburg are several Russian destinations that deserve a detour. Whether it’s the glamour of Catherine Palace at Pushkin or the majestic Kremlin of Novgorod, these locations combine historical pedigree with jaw-dropping beauty. Here, we’ve shortlisted the best day trips to take from St Petersburg.
For a taste of the St Petersburg of old, Yelagin Island – one of the three most famous St Petersburg islands (a grouping known as the Kirov) – is the place to go. With boating lakes and a neo-classical palace, Yelagin is part-island, part-pleasure garden – or at least it was for the Tsars. Historic and unspoiled, the island is completely traffic-free, which makes this a tranquil, beautiful place to spend a lazy afternoon. Catch the sunset from the west coast of the island and you might even spy the Gulf of Finland peeking out on the horizon.
It’s hard to imagine, but Catherine Palace was once a modest two-storey building commissioned in 1717. Now, nearly one kilometre in circumference and with over 100kg of gold just in decorations, the only thing topping the exterior bling is the opulence you’ll encounter inside. The gilded State Rooms and the historically significant Amber Room (re-opened in 2003), offer blindingly lavish décor, as well as artistic flair.
Best known for its English-style gardens that wrap around the Slavyanskaya River, Pavlovsk was originally built by Catherine the Great for her son, Pavel, to congratulate him on the birth of her grandson, the future Alexander I. Whilst Pavlovsk is a little more modest than some of the other Russian estates, there’s still plenty to see here. Take in tapestries, vases and Grecian alcoves, among many other treasures in a delightful mix of different styles.
Sitting pretty on the Gulf of Finland, Vyborg has been hit back and forth, like a shuttlecock, between Russia and Finland for much of its history since Peter the Great captured it from the Swedes in 1710. Full of cobblestone alleys, antique shops and picturesque fortifications, visitors love trying the local food, which revolves around pretzels, beer, smoked cheese and meats.
Admittedly quite a distance from St Petersburg (it’s between three and four hours by car), Novgorod is nevertheless worth the effort. Possessing possibly the finest kremlin in the country, the city’s history (as one of the Russia’s first settlements) ensures almost all of its churches, markets and museums are the most impressive of their type. It’s not all culture, however. Take a trip down the river, rent some roller blades or hop in a cable car to see the sights from up above.
St Petersburg needed protection as soon as it had been raised from its marsh, so to protect his new city, Peter the Great quickly built Kronstadt on Kotlin Island. Important as a naval base ever since, today its chief delight is the Naval Cathedral. Neo-Byzantine in style and alluring by nature, surprisingly few have encountered its giant dimensions (it has a 75-metre-high cupola) as it was closed to foreigners until 1996.