At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
From expertly foamed artisan cappuccinos to single-source, dark roast espressos, here’s where to discover Budapest’s coffee shop culture
Spectacular Gothic architecture cut through with the picturesque Danube and a history that’s as rich as it is steep are Budapest’s draw cards. But there’s a burgeoning contemporary culture that’s fast-tracking the Hungarian capital to the top of destination wish lists. Sleek restaurants and chic boutique shopping certainly play their part, but it’s a thriving coffee shop culture that’s hoisting Budapest into trendier echelons. Based on service, décor and, most importantly, the quality of their roasts, here are the five hippest coffee shops in Budapest…
Everyone knows of the Espresso Embassy. It blazed a trail through Budapest’s coffee scene, being the first café to offer an ingenious array of preparations, from the high-tech AeroPress to the analogue Chemex Coffeemaker and slow-but-steady Hario V60. And then there are the beans – a giddy array of light, single-sourced roasts from tiny local suppliers to hefty exotic breeds imported from London’s legendary Square Mile Coffee Roasters. Those who can distinguish the fruity notes of arabica from the nuttier robusta will appreciate Espresso Embassy’s fastidious dedication to its craft, and will come to recognise this as one of the best coffee shops in Budapest.
Demand for the pastel-hued French macaron is on a blossoming trend in Budapest. Step in, Chez Dodo. The purveyor of freshly baked macarons prepares its indulgent sugary rainbow desserts in the café’s shop. The creation of the part cookie, part meringue is a source of fascination in itself, and there’s a refreshingly well-versed beverage menu for those who wish to linger awhile and watch. The house roast makes a good, sharp kick of espresso and a smooth flat white that’s expertly layered. But while the coffee is good here, let’s face it: Chez Dodo’s real highlight is what the coffee comes with.
The jewel in Budapest’s cool coffee shop crown, Fekete is an ingenious combination of expertly brewed coffee, laid-back décor and exceedingly good cake. The menu offers a smattering of trendy beverages such as matcha, fresh juices and iced coffees, but really, it’s the espresso that’s the crowd pleaser here. An artful blend of beans sourced from providers in South America – it’s a circus of fruity notes across the tongue.
What this tiny enclave on the busy drag of Rákóczi út lacks in space, it certainly makes up for in quality. Coffee Shop 64’s sole focus is on serving great brews. Its reasonable prices and friendly baristas are what establishes it as a firm favourite among locals. Choose from a great selection that serves up all the usual suspects (americano, cortado, latte). Those with a taste for something softer should try the hot chocolate; it’ll be one of the best you’ve had.
Surfing the Hungarian capital’s hipster tide, The Goat Herder Espresso Bar near Budapest Keleti train station knows how to make a very good artisan coffee. An appealing menu of breakfast favourites marks this as the spot where coffee aficionados start the day. Those with a sweet tooth should opt for a generous slice of banana bread to accompany their cortado – utterly delicious.